lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Primary clutch

I have an '86 CC and I'm installing a 13hp clone using the CPP adapter. Sitting here at work and realized that the Husqvarna "utility" vehicles are actually Club Cars and I can order parts for them. Would there be any benefit to using a later model primary off a FE290 or FE350 on my clone swap?
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Primary clutch

You probably won't want to use the primary clutch that came on your '86. The drive clutches on the 1984-1987 CC DS carts were redesigned halfway through the 1987 model year and are way better. I'm pretty sure the newer 1987.5 primary clutch fits all gas DS carts that came after it. You can get an adapter from CPP to put one of those clutches on your clone I believe.

If your current primary clutch looks like the pic below, I'd upgrade if I were you.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:58 AM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

This is what the newer/better 1987.5-up drive clutch looks like:

Old 05-14-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

My clutch is like the first pic. Reason I asked is because I can get a brand new FE350 style clutch for $160 through my work.
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I'd go for it. Then you can sell your old clutch to someone who just wants a replacement. Those older clutches are really hard to find, and when they are found, they can be really expensive. And you can't just put a newer primary clutch on the stock motor without also upgrading the secondary clutch because they won't line up.

But you should be ok since you're doing a clone swap with custom mounts and all, you can mount the motor in a spot where the belt will line up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car