lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
Buggieboystu
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Homemade dash question

Making a homemade dash for my g2 and wondering how to mount it. Right now it's just a piece of treated 1/4" cut to shape. Any suggestions??
Buggieboystu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Homemade dash question

depends on how you want it to look. On my son's 89 marathon, I bent up a pieced of sheet metal to fit the opening, then drilled the panel and the lip of the glove box, tapped the glove box lip and bolted it in with stainless hardware. you can do that or make up a something to hide the screws bolts , etc. you could hinge it with a magnet on the top. that way it hides the screws and you can open it for access if needed. With my own cart I used a 70's for dash and cut and welded to fit then made dash pad top that bolted to the dash and to the cowl of the cart and all the mounting stuff was hidden.

hopefully you get a few ideas.....

good luck!

Arin
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
Buggieboystu
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Homemade dash question

I like the sheet metal idea. I've got the wood cut right now. I was gonna trim this piece with an outer beauty ring then sand and lacquer for a wood grain look. Gonna put the key, light switches and sound system in it.
Buggieboystu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center