lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
Rep
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default New owner 2007 Precedent Gas

Hi: I'm new to carts and purchased a 2007 CC Precedent Gas that is new. Less than one tank of fuel through it and purchased from an estate.

Under the seat there's a wire loom that has three (3) unconnected wires: one black with a male connector, one red with a male connector, and one orange with a female connector. It's driving me crazy trying to figure out what goes where.

It has a light kit, and all lights work.

Though it starts immediately, it has to be the slowest cart in Michigan. Top speed via GPS is 11...with a tailwind. I've seen recommendations to zip tie the governor spring (don't know where that is), and also to disconnect a black wire from a box under the seat.

While I do not know much about mechanical items, I am seeking advice on how to not blow it up, but perhaps to gain a bit of speed. Truly appreciate your help.

Regards,
Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A (15)rev.jpg (59.3 KB, 0 views)
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
___Brandon
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New owner 2007 Precedent Gas

I'm pretty sure my 2004 has the same wires disconnected under the seat, I'm not sure what they are for.

I loosened up the governor clamp on the rear axle and my cart will run up to about 22 mph if you stand on it long enough. I just left the rev limiter hooked up (black wire). The only time it kicks in is running down hill, and I figure the motor is better off not spinning passed the limiter anyway.
___Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
Rep
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New owner 2007 Precedent Gas

Thank you, Brandon. I'll post more photo's tomorrow. There's a few things I'll be asking to have clarified.

Thanks again.
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, performance, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car