lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #1
tn2tool
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1984 Club Value?

I found a 1984 Club car for sale. I think it is a solenoid cart. It needs batteries and the guy wants just under $500.0 for it. Is it worth it? I think if I bought it I would convert it to a controller cart as parts start breaking. How much would it cost to upgrade the miscellaneous parts (not including controller). I don't think it's a vglide but not sure. I'm not sure if I want to go this old of a cart and dump a bunch of money into it or just get a newer one. Let me know your .02 cents. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1984CC.jpg (6.7 KB, 23 views)
tn2tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1984 Club Value?

It will be one of the most dependable carts available for under 500. I would like to see you pay $400 but, it does have a nice Lester charger too. If it has a V-glide you can pay alittle more. Good carts for easy upgrades all parts and aftermarket stuff available.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
chevyrules05
A-DMIN

Club Car

reliable cart, I would offer him $400
chevyrules05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:31 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I Would Pay 300 With Out The Charger!
Old 10-20-2008, 11:42 PM   #5
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

"Old Yeller" here is an 84 CC with the solenoids. VERY dependable cart. I do tend to blow the solenoids out as I run 48 volts thru it. But even at that is only every other year or so that I have to replace one or at most 2. Be nice if you could get it for $400 since it needs batteries, BUT even after that you have a real nice cart for around $900 even at $500 for the cart.
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:46 AM   #6
tn2tool
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for your input guys/gals, but now I have more questions. I didn't think you could run 48volts through this type of solenoid cart. Have you upgraded anything to handle the 48volts? He said it ran good but two of the batteries froze & cracked during the last winter so he threw two of them out. Can you tell if the charger has an auto cutoff or is it the old type that can overcharge the batteries? How significant have the mechanical changes been for Clubs since 1984? Or has is the changes nothing to be concerned with?
tn2tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:10 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

CC upgraded the 5 solenoid cart to a resistor cart 1988(?). That is the best darn system IMHOpinion. you can stick 48v without trouble......here is a some info on the conversion.....http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...d-4-100-a.html
Old 10-21-2008, 12:35 PM   #8
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

I have an 84 (well, part of one) here as well. Mine is a 5 solenoid resistor cart with a pot box (not V-Glide). I'd guess that one will be the same. That one appears to be in great shape. I got mine free (missing motor, rearend, batteries, charger, and seat backs). Mine has the fiberglass body on it, whereas my newer (1993) has a plastic body (much lighter and more flexible).

I think most would say that the solenoids are the big problem in these. The newer resistor cart without the solenoids for each speed/coil seems to be the way to go, for reliability and easier on the budget. Not sure about those pot boxes though, they seem expensive when I found any on eBay. Like the others said, with the resistor cart, especially the newer style, you can easily upgrade to 48v.
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cart value
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car