lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2014, 04:20 PM   #31
Golfswithbeer
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Radio shuts off when volume loud & gas pressed

Maybe I should clarify a bit about the rear speakers. They are cheap $40 a pair Dual brand speakers from HD. They are 4 ohm and 100 watt max. They have a 4" woofer and a tweeter... nothing fancy. I don't want anyone thinking they are subs or something. I just wanted to add a little more sound to my cart. I would think a Sony cd player should be able to push these and my front speakers with minimal effort. The real confusion is why the radio reboots when cranked up playing the ipod AND when starting the cart. They play fine when it's running and when it is parked. It's just the start-up that causes the reboot and this only happens at very high volume on bassier songs.
Golfswithbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #32
rib33024

Ok here's my opinion, the answer is . Your battery don't have the balls to crank your cart and run your radio. take the battery out of your car, or truck or boat and put it in the cart and see if it still does it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfswithbeer View Post

It's a gas cart.

I was reading 5-8 volts across the terminal when cranking the stereo with all 4 speakers and pressing the gas pedal.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:16 PM   #33
Spudgunman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfswithbeer View Post
The real confusion is why the radio reboots when cranked up playing the ipod AND when starting the cart. They play fine when it's running and when it is parked. It's just the start-up that causes the reboot and this only happens at very high volume on bassier songs.
you ask this in every post almost. the answer isnt gonna change.
Spudgunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #34
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Like mentioned earlier the radio has a safety shutoff circuit at around 10volts. The cart takes alot power to turn over when starting and the radio wide open drops the voltage even lower. Get a new battery or run separate battery.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #35
Raceteck
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I see you're getting plenty of input here, not sure if this was covered in this thread somewhere but the starter/generator may be drawing excess voltage on startup, causing the radio reboot. Maybe the radio and/or its components are all fine.....just throwing it out there.....
Raceteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:14 AM   #36
Golfswithbeer
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I honestly appreciate all the input by everyone. So last night I ran 12 gauge wire from battery to stereo (no change.. still reboots). I ordered the capacitor and will wire that in when it arrives so that will hopefully keep the volts from dropping when the cart starts. Also I mounted the rear speakers and boy does it ROCK! For now, my "fix" is just to not crank "bassier" songs when I attempt to start the cart. If the cap doesn't do the trick, I will buy another stronger battery. I would take the one out of my truck but it has so much stuff wired to it for it's stereo system.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #37
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Hook up a battery charger,and see what happens.Like i said before,450cca is kinda small anyway,even on a cart(I know people use lawn batteries too,but doesnt mean its right).When u are cranking the tunes,check voltage ,then check it while starting,with and without the radio.A larger battery will likely cure it.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #38
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
Hook up a battery charger,and see what happens.Like i said before,450cca is kinda small anyway,even on a cart(I know people use lawn batteries too,but doesnt mean its right).When u are cranking the tunes,check voltage ,then check it while starting,with and without the radio.A larger battery will likely cure it.
I'm with Pachanga, get the biggest, highest CCA battery that you can get to fit under the seat of your cart, modify the battery tray if you have to. Overkill is underrated.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #39
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
I'm with Pachanga, get the biggest, highest CCA battery that you can get to fit under the seat of your cart, modify the battery tray if you have to. Overkill is underrated.
Especially when your using something for what is was not intended.... Blaring *** loud music while others are trying to enjoy the piece and quite... If you want to play then you got to pay.... Get a substantial battery that will support extended use without becoming drained...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #40
Golfswithbeer
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Just an update... went to AZ last night and got a good duralast battery with 600 CCA. Put it in before golf league and everything seems to be good. Played 9 holes after league around 8:00 pm and had the course to myself so I blared all 4 speakers and didn't seem to have any starting issues. Bad battery. Thanks for all the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha