lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2016, 04:10 PM   #1
shanemarques
Not Yet Wild

Default Key Spins Freely While in Ignition

I need help with my 2007 Precedent. One of my drunk friends was trying to turn on my in-dash radio/underglow lights, but didn't know that I had a separate switch for those components. Instead, he continuously turned the key while in the ignition to attempt to turn my dashboard on. Now I can't get the cart to turn on (lights/dashboard work fine).

Any thoughts?
shanemarques is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2016, 04:15 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Key Spins Freely While in Ignition

If you're saying he twisted the key & lock cylinder past the "stop" - he may have pulled one or more of the wires off the back side of the switch.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:19 PM   #3
shanemarques
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I believe that's what is happening. The entire ignition? (sorry, I'm not technical) will spin and at times, almost "catch", if that makes sense
shanemarques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:28 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Originally the ignition switch (the part the key slides into) had a "D" shaped barrel that fit a "D" shaped hole in the dash. If the hole has been rounded out about all you can do is open the dash, try to hold the body of the switch in place while tightening the nut that holds it in the dash. It will probably need to be retightened from time to time once the hole has been wallowed out. While you're in the you can make sure the wires aren't twisted and are attached snuggly.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:49 PM   #5
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

The entire cylinder housing can break off of its plastic support and thenentire mechanism can rotate behind the dash. You need to remove dash and see if entire cylinder is turning.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car