lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2017, 02:16 AM   #1
Rick 1967
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Charger not charging

I have a 2002 Club car with an IQ charger. I have only charged it once since owning it and I plugged the charger in an it started to charge straight away. Batteries charged to 51.2 volts in total. The cart has been used for 18 holes of golf only and i have just plugged it in to charge and the charger is not charging at all. Have checked the leads and connections and all seem to be ok. The batteries are showing 48 volts in total. Should the charger be charging even though there is 48 volts in the batteries ??
Rick 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2017, 11:43 AM   #2
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charger not charging

Yes
charger should come on
Even if you only drove it 500 yards

48 v is real low volts, charge it before driving
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (223.1 KB, 0 views)
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:43 PM   #3
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Charger not charging

FYI...It's recommended that you keep your cart plugged in to the charger anytime you are not driving it...this solves a lot of issues...believe me.😎
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:51 PM   #4
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Re: Charger not charging

I'm not one of the experts here. But I slept in an Holiday Express last night. On the other hand, I am a multi-talented mechanic that works on complimented equipment.

Golf carts don't really's pose much of a problem to me and I can usually figure out a problem if is a simple problem to complicated electrical.
I Assume that you tested the 110V receptacle the charger was plugged into with some other device, drill motor. Hair dryer, etc or tested with a multimeter.
How are you reading the 48V?. Meter Mounted on the dash? or a multi-meter testing the battery pack? Each battery reading with a multi meter would be helpful in determining battery condition then a pack reading with a multi meter to see what your pack voltage is and if at 48 V should plenty to activate the charger. There should be a a push button breaker on the charger. Have you checked to see if is tripped and needs to be reset?
If you checked the outlet, If your battery readings are good and your pack voltage is correct at 48V with a multimeter and your charger doesn't come on, Can you borrow a charger from a buddy and check it again?
At 48 V, the charger should kick on and just before it kicks off, you might see 54 to 56V. Let the battery pack rest for 12 hrs and check individual battery and pack voltage then. 50.9 is full charge but a good battery pack might settle out at 52+ V.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car