lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #41
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Choosing a Lift Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBeer View Post
T.Dawg, do they make a "Super Sport" a-arm lift for the Precedent, or is the Allsports 6" a-arm lift basically the same animal? I'm chompin at the bit to lift my '07 Precedent, but I gotta get the $$ together first.
I'm not sure what defines "Super Sport" When I purchased my 6" All-Sports lift kit for my 06 Precedent I knew All-Sports was the answer. They have a long travel 6" and the standard 6". I bought the standard one and I couldn't be happier.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #42
ColdBeer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

https://www.3rsalesandservice.com/ca...SM-CLKSSB6.htm

According to this All-Sport's "Super Sport" lift is a slight step up from the standard a-arm lift kit they offer, but I don't think they make the SS for the Precedent yet. It doesn't matter though, the 6" a-arm is all I need. I'm glad to hear you are pleased with it, I'm sure I will be too if I can ever get the dang thing.
ColdBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #43
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I looked at their page. Although the 6" Precedent lift kit doesn't say "Super Sport" it looks much more like the DS SuperSport kit than the standard A-Arm kit for the DS.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #44
ColdBeer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Cool, thanks man. I've got to get some time off of work so I can pull the cover and see exactly what kinda motor I've got in my cart. I know its a hight-speed motor, but that's all I know. Also, is there a way that I can find out what speed code my cart is set on?
Old 01-11-2011, 11:10 PM   #45
HGC2010
Gone Wild

When you put the lift kit in the front what do you do with the rear to make the cart look fairly level.
HGC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #46
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBeer View Post
Cool, thanks man. I've got to get some time off of work so I can pull the cover and see exactly what kinda motor I've got in my cart. I know its a hight-speed motor, but that's all I know. Also, is there a way that I can find out what speed code my cart is set on?
The only way to check and see what code it's set on is to have a dealer plug in a programmer and tell you. Also, a high speed motor on a Precedent, or any IQ car for that matter, is completely worthless without some sort of speed sensor modification. The car will only go as fast as the speed sensor and speed code will allow it to. If you've got a high speed motor with a modified sensor then the speed code may be completely irrelevant as it's "bypassed" or "tricked" in a sense as to what speed it's actually running.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #47
ColdBeer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The only way to check and see what code it's set on is to have a dealer plug in a programmer and tell you. Also, a high speed motor on a Precedent, or any IQ car for that matter, is completely worthless without some sort of speed sensor modification. The car will only go as fast as the speed sensor and speed code will allow it to. If you've got a high speed motor with a modified sensor then the speed code may be completely irrelevant as it's "bypassed" or "tricked" in a sense as to what speed it's actually running.
Hey man, thanks for the info. I gotta do some investigatin' when I get some time off from work. I don't know what exactly what I've got... I do know that it'll run in the upper 20's and topped out at 32mph on a slight down hill grade according to my gps.

Thanks again for the input.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #48
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

32 mph on a slight down hill. Dang, your cart is on roids!
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #49
ColdBeer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ha! It'll run.... I just need to figure out the torque situation for when I lift it and put 23's on it. I'm runnin' with 12' wheels and lo-pro tires right now.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #50
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

my buddies got our same cart with 14' rims 23' tires and hs motor. Let me tell you, he is right their with me. He has plenty or torque considering hes running stock controller. Lift it and put the 23's, good luck.
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car