lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #11
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: choppy throttle problem

When the weather warmmed up a bit had a chance to get some good drives on the cart still had a small amount of throttle chop,in talking to White Rice he had the same deal going on with a rebuilt controller and switched to an Alltrax ,same deal better but not perfect.Rice jumped in and did a pb-6 without any wiring asistance figured it out and I followed his lead.End of story his cart and mine are smooth as glass,no chop at all.Thanx to all who offered help and and a special thanx to White Rice even if he is way faster than I am,but I'll work on that!!!!Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #12
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

interesting... i wonder how upgrading the controller "made it better"?

i recently upgraded my cables to 2/0 and the steps in the v-glide potbox became VERY apparent. i had wondered how a stepping "potentiometer" was able to smoothly transition from one step to another, but now i realize that it doesn't... its just masked by the current carrying limitations of the power system.

reminds me of riding on older subway trains when they "shift" from one resistor to the next.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #13
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sonic,boggles the mind doesn't it?I rebuilt this cart after a salt water swim and all parts were bought from a CC dealer including a v-glide which had been oem on the 2000 regen II.Have had this problem from the get go,and it was almost impossible for my wife to drive it.I think the problem got better with the controller change due to the adjustability of the programable throttle response.White Rice and I both are set on Progressive throttle setting.Hard to tell now but we probably could have solved the problem by switching throttles first either 5k-0 pb6 or a CC mcor change over.Real happy that it's fixed,hope these posts help someone..Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #14
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

ok, that makes sense... since CC has their own 5k-0 profile, they've apparently written some compensation into the software so that the steps aren't so apparent to the driver. you still will only have 5 points of resolution in the throttle, the controller is just masking the steps by slowly ramping its response.

im guessing the progressive profile is like a exponential curve giving you more resolution at the lower speeds?

i have a high resolution 5k pot that i might try to retro-fit into my v-glide enclosure. if not, i'll be ordering a infinitely variable potbox like the pb-6. i love the additional torque, just not a big fan of this incidental side-effect!
-sj
Attached Images
File Type: gif Controller-Pro-Screen-Throttle.gif (25.1 KB, 4 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car