lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
Kent22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Dcx500iq

I just recieved my DCX500 controller for my 2003 Club car precedent. I need some help. I can't even get the pin circuit board to go all the way onto the prongs coming out of the controller. Any advice helps!
Kent22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Dcx500iq

Contact Alltrax direct and talk problem over with them personally. What few times I had a problem with their parts they talked me through to solution.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent22 View Post
I just recieved my DCX500 controller for my 2003 Club car precedent. I need some help. I can't even get the pin circuit board to go all the way onto the prongs coming out of the controller. Any advice helps!
2003 Precedent? Precedents didn't come out til 04. You got a serial number for that? You may have a proto-type.... I've seen one, but only one.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
Kent22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It may be an 05. I get the year mixed up so I can't tell you for sure. If you wanna check I've got the serial though
Old 01-07-2011, 12:40 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

And that serial # would be ..........?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #6
Kent22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

pq0444-454790
Old 01-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
pq0444-454790
It's an 04.... Built the 44th week.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #8
Kent22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well thank you for clearing that up for me. I've been in the dark about it for a while. I never truly knew what year it was. And Tahoedawg I added you on facebook. I have a bigger problem and people on here keep telling me to ask you.

After installing my new controller it won't come on. I guess I have something not hooked up right. If you have a picture could you please post it. Showing where the wires end up. The diagram from Alltrax was great until the end. I'm supposed to hook up B- to the OBC but it also shows a wire going to the negative terminal on the battery. I used the old black wire running to the box under the Tow/Run switch and the other end goes to the negative battery terminal so I figured that was right. But I think I'm not understanding it fully.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Well thank you for clearing that up for me. I've been in the dark about it for a while. I never truly knew what year it was. And Tahoedawg I added you on facebook. I have a bigger problem and people on here keep telling me to ask you.

After installing my new controller it won't come on. I guess I have something not hooked up right. If you have a picture could you please post it. Showing where the wires end up. The diagram from Alltrax was great until the end. I'm supposed to hook up B- to the OBC but it also shows a wire going to the negative terminal on the battery. I used the old black wire running to the box under the Tow/Run switch and the other end goes to the negative battery terminal so I figured that was right. But I think I'm not understanding it fully.
Cool deal.... I don't have any pics handy and I won't go back to work until Monday to take any.... The black wire is supposed to hook to the main negative battery terminal, run through the small hole in the OBC, then hook to the B- post of the controller. The M- post of the controller is the white wire, which runs to the A2 post of the motor and the B+ post has two wires hooked to it. A yellow wire which runs to the solenoid, and a green wire which runs to the A1 post of the motor.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
Kent22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

All of that is hooked up right. I think it's something smaller than that. None of my lights are comin on. Not the battery light or the light on the controller. I have brand new batteries I just put in. Unless they are completely dead (which I doubt to be true) then I have no clue what it is.

Tags
2003 club car, controller, dcx500, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car