lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
DMLoftin
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Bent the stew out of a leafspring (mad but funny story)

We have a 2007 Precedent and like most that first get them they are slower then a turtle. So on Sunday the Family (wife and son) were out in the yard enjoy the 65 degree weather in South Alabama. I was working on something in the yard and kept hearing the backup buzzer on the cart. I just figured it was my 11 year old son riding the car, when all of a sudden I heard a loud crash in the front yard. I ran around the side of the house and found my son parked up a tree with his friend on the ground laughing and saying " dude that was so cool". Like all good cart owners, I first went to see if the cart was ok and then checked on the kids. I asked my son what he was thinking and he replied " dad I'm sorry, I was trying to go between the two trees" I asked him " at full speed in reverse" he said " yes, it goes faster that way".

So I have already ordered the leafsprings and once I fix that I guess it will be off to the dealer to get the factory speed code.
DMLoftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
BigCountry79
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Bent the stew out of a leafspring (mad but funny story)

i know the feeling, my son tore off my roof on a low branch, and on another occasion laid it on its side while i was at work.............................yes, hes still breathing
BigCountry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Kids will be kids. My daughter wrecked my Yamaha Rhino one weekend a few years ago. She and her friend are lucky they wasn't killed. They walked away ok but my rhino didn't. After a lot of work and $1500.00 its a rolling again. I think they learned a good lesson from that wreck. Maybe they will think about how lucky they were next time they are out playing around.
gcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Try and have all girls as they normally dont give driving problems? 4 of my 5 girls are really good drivers. Just wait until he get to be 16 and up then you can really start to worry? My son ruined 2 golf carts ( thank heven not mine ) and to date at age 54 he is on his 13th car ruined and 7 pickups??
Train your boy to drive safe and he will do fine? I was a bad example as when he was growing up I was racing cars and motor cycles????
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
DMLoftin
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yep, he hit the back side rail of the back seat and then caught the back tire. Don't see any damage except for the leafspring. It of course is really my fault, since I didn't change out the single leafspring to the heavy duty when when putting on the lift kit and back seat. Still fun to hear him say the car goes fast in reverse then forward.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

It could be that its faster in reverse if some thing was hooked up wrong? Normally reverse is half speed of forward? Maybe TAHOEDAWGZ71 can give some info on IQ as he works on late models more than anyone else?
Old 01-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
DMLoftin
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just figured it was the speed code on the Precedent model.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes speed is in proportion to controller settings, but reverse should still be about 1/2 the top speed of forward if running correctly on all IQ carts. I know that going in reverse seems faster but shouldnt be if everything correct?
Old 01-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #9
DMLoftin
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I dont really know, but when I get the new leafsprings on I am going to check and see.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #10
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you have a GPS I would check it with accuracy that way? I would like to know what you find? Otherwise as I said reverse seems much faster than it really is, so get out in a open field that is flat and give it a try?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car