lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Default controller / solenoid / battery mounting questions

Does anyone have pictures or suggestions on how to mount the extra batteries in the bagwell for a 48V conversion?

The other question I have is - the controller is epoxy potted so rinsing it off every now and then won't hurt it - but since the new solenoid and controller won't fit under the cover, what options do I have to cover them so the mud/water doesn't ruin them while in the woods or washing the buggie down?

Thanks!
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: controller / solenoid / battery mounting questions

I would try and mount them in different location if possible? If not I would go to local sheet metal shop and have a cover built to cover them in stock location ( I mount cover with silicon sealer ) to protect parts. Where you are using a HD controller-solenoid set up I would have some kind of venting to keep controls etc cool? As water and mud are a problem I have had covers made that vent some where above body lines, or in protected areas where rain, mud, and washing, etc cant get in?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

Just toss them in. You can make a strap easy. I just have mine sitting there Scottyb is gonna kill me I did have a plate wedged in there before I buil the cage that kept them snug. I need to do something before I hit the trails again.

ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Chevy's battery cables double as battery tie downs

You should not be hosing off any controller / solenoid, epoxy potted or not. That is what they make plastic bags for ... Nor do I suggest you cover high amperage controllers and solenoids, they need to dissipate heat to stay within their safe operating temperatures.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car