lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
huntingjohn123
Not Yet Wild

Default 05 CC Precedent Problem after towing Suggestions?

I towed my 2006 Precedent for about 2 miles and did not put it in tow mode, I noticed an odd smell coming from unit and now it will not go. when i push accelerator the motor makes a humming noise and the machine trys to go but only rocks forward and after about 2 seconds the motor quits i can then let up on accelerator and push it back down and the cycle above will repeat itself all the while there will be a foul smelling order like possable electronics frying? Smells like a sour smell hard to describe it. Any suggestions of what could be damaged hear?
huntingjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
golfcar guy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 05 CC Precedent Problem after towing Suggestions?

Your going to have to pull the motor and check it out. I'm guessing you burnt it.
golfcar guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

GOLFCAR GUY is right about the motor and maybe also the controller? Saw what was left of motor, controller, 6 guage wiring after the same thing happened here? NOT A PRETTY SIGHT. In this case the motor armature was twisted inside the housing enough that motor had to be cut off in pieces. Speed sensor and Controller were melted and 6 guage wiring melted at attachment points. I guess because of the motor lock up the differential input shaft was twisted so unit had to be torn down and rebuilt? In our case the beach trip was very costly. He had just installed a high amp rated contoller and high HP motor so costs ran high to repair.
If you had been thinking of updating your cart this might be the time??
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
huntingjohn123
Not Yet Wild

I looked at the motor with out taking it off I noticed some green liquid oosing from the seals. Is it cheaper the rebuild or buy a new motor? Where is the best place to get a new motor
huntingjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Rebuilding would depend on condition of your unit? New or updated motors can be purchased from forum sponsors.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car