lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #11
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Can someone interpret these battery readings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortspark View Post
Thanks for that sonicj but I am unclear what you meant by "get four or five uninterrupted discharge/charge cycles on the cart..." What does that mean and how do I achieve it?
play a round of golf then when you plug the charger in, keep it plugged in until the charge cycle is complete. (meter reads 0 amps) repeat this process a few times and my money is on the problem clearing itself up.

these issues seem to come up when a cart has been sitting, has recently been put back into service, after a battery change, accidental over discharge, etc. a couple of normal use then recharge cycles seems to clear up any confusion the obc may have about the condition of the batteries. basically, it needs to recalibrate itself.* cheers!
-sj

*disclaimer - this isn't based on a specific piece of documentation or some other hard facts, just my personal experience and personal understanding of how the OBC functions and handles it's routines.
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2011, 04:57 AM   #12
shortspark
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Gleemo, you are right. I played a round of golf and did not charge the batteries as I usually do because the dealer said he was going to discharge the batteries to run his tests, therefore, I thought it was not important to give him a fully charged cart. Now I understand it a little better. I don't know how many charge cycles I have on the batteries but I think it is a safe bet to say 100 or close to it. I often play four times a week pretty much year round here in Texas. However, due to a couple trips and a month off with "golfer's elbow", plus some bad weather this year, I would say two times a week.

Sonicj, now I understand what you meant and that is exactly what the US Battery representative told me. That is what the CC dealer said and did too although not as clearly. The cart was sitting during this winter's bad weather for two or three weeks but I did charge it during that time. BTW, do you know what the difference is between a Power Driver 2 and Power Driver 3 charger is? I say that because the charger I got back from the dealer is a 2 and I could have sworn the one I had was a 3 - but I could be wrong about that. The one they returned to me just does not look the same as the one I had. This one is a 2 and looks brand new.
shortspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:07 AM   #13
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortspark View Post
BTW, do you know what the difference is between a Power Driver 2 and Power Driver 3 charger is? I say that because the charger I got back from the dealer is a 2 and I could have sworn the one I had was a 3 - but I could be wrong about that. The one they returned to me just does not look the same as the one I had. This one is a 2 and looks brand new.
i think its something trivial like a bridge rectifier instead of diodes, but i can't say for certain...
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car