lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2011, 07:56 AM   #11
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Can I mount a hitch directly to this?

As a step only I doubt you would have any problems, as long as it does not stick out too far beyond frame. ( Who was it said "Give me a lever and I can move the world" ) It might not hurt to cut a 1/8-1/4" thick steel or aluminum plate to go underneath frame to spread load over larger area than just the width of adapter? The reason being if some one steps on the end of step alot of leverage side wise come into play?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #12
Kidder
Gone Wild

Club Car

I used the same hitch that you have pictured and welded two tabs to the side to bolt also, it seemed like it wanted to move side to side with just the large one. I have towed alot of crap and good luck so far.
Kidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #13
Kidder
Gone Wild

Club Car

Kidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #14
tallyarch
Not Yet Wild

Thank you all for your input. Kidder, I feel much more comfortable using it like that after seeing your pictures. Old Mech, I was worried about the moment force on the ends as well so I will incorporate your idea about the wider plate. Once I have everything fabricated I will post a pic of the final seat. Thanks again.
tallyarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car