lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2016, 10:14 PM   #11
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Voltage reducer need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelwdryden View Post
Ok, lance_214, so I'm intrigued by just running an extra 12 v battery instead of doing the reducer route. First off, i assume you got with a deep cycle battery. Secondly, are you just charging that battery manually, with a separate charger? I assume not done thru the main cart charger?
A lot of guys like having a dedicated battery for accessories. Yes you would want a deep cycle battery and not a cranking battery. And yes, a separate battery must be charged with an independent 12v charger; any automotive 12v charger will do the job.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2016, 12:06 PM   #12
estone06
Not Yet Wild

I dont mean to hijack.... I do have a question however. All of my lights and accessories are already utilizing the main batteries. Wouldn't it make sense to buy a reducer and wire in a radio off that? What is the pro of having a separate battery to run the radio?
estone06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:54 PM   #13
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by estone06 View Post
What is the pro of having a separate battery to run the radio?
Having a dedicated battery for accessories is typically for people who use their accessories a lot. It gives you the ability to run a radio all day and not having to worry about the cart leaving you stranded.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:48 AM   #14
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

I have a stock 48v battery pack; 2 voltage reducers (+ the stock one) and I have driven 10 + miles and used the 2 amps / 4 speakers / sub for 5 hrs and still had plenty of charge.

Since I needed the bag well area for the sub, I couldn't find a big enough aux battery to fit in the front. Also I ended up needing the room for electronics etc.

You could create a frame above the rear axle under the sweater box and hold a nice sized battery there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patela2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:44 PM   #15
estone06
Not Yet Wild

All I would really add to the cart at this time or in the near future would be a stereo unit with a max of 4 speakers.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:18 PM   #16
Patela2oh
Gone Wild

Simple madjax unit or one from one of the sponsors will do just fine.

Look for one with a 12 constant (keeps the stereo memory) and key switched

Patela2oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:25 AM   #17
estone06
Not Yet Wild

Just as an update, I bought a Sony Bluetooth speaker on sale for 49.99. It was regularly priced at 99.99 and a 12 hour lithium battery. It is plenty loud and Xtra Bass. Sounded great in my cart honestly. I slapped some velcro inside the dash and it was perfect. So perfect in fact that I decided to get another one and pair them together and it is even better now. I dare say it rivals the installed stereos.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:46 AM   #18
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

estone, how are you charging the lithium battery?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #19
estone06
Not Yet Wild

Smokey, they are portable bluetooth speakers. I will see if I can post a link here so you can see which ones I purchased, and paired together.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #20
estone06
Not Yet Wild

this is the information from best buy. it doesn't look like they're available on sale anymore so price is 99.99 per again but well worth it! ------
Sony - XB2 Portable Wireless Speaker - Black
Model: SRSXB2/BLKSKU: 4836817

Tags
cd player, converter, radio, reducer, voltage
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car