lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #11
fireboat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo series 36v adding Alltrax Spm controller

I have a 92 Marathon that I just fully restored, that only did 12.8mph originally. I lifted the cart and put 22-inch wheels on which bumped the speed up to 15 but it had no torque.
I did the PlumQuick Bandit motor upgrade along with a 500amp controller, solenoid, and HD F/R switch from Scotty's plus 2ga cables. I now roll at a solid 19+mph with much more torque, I am very happy with the upgrades. I don't think the PlumQuick motor is soley responsible for the 4mph increase, I'm sure the greater amp capacity helped too. Now I'm looking forward to seeing what 48v will do.
fireboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2014, 12:30 AM   #12
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I think I'll go with the 500 and save the custom mount and $200!!!
Nicksel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:44 AM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksel1 View Post
I think I'll go with the 500 and save the custom mount and $200!!!
you won't be disappointed......it will be PLEANTY.....I absolutely love mine.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:58 AM   #14
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireboat View Post
I have a 92 Marathon that I just fully restored, that only did 12.8mph originally. I lifted the cart and put 22-inch wheels on which bumped the speed up to 15 but it had no torque.
I did the PlumQuick Bandit motor upgrade along with a 500amp controller, solenoid, and HD F/R switch from Scotty's plus 2ga cables. I now roll at a solid 19+mph with much more torque, I am very happy with the upgrades. I don't think the PlumQuick motor is soley responsible for the 4mph increase, I'm sure the greater amp capacity helped too. Now I'm looking forward to seeing what 48v will do.
The controller didn't make your cart faster at all since it's a series cart. The lager tires provided the 4 mph increase.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:44 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Controller may, I say May, make it a little faster because it can supply enough current. The original May mot have been angle to get to full speed.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Controller may, I say May, make it a little faster because it can supply enough current. The original May mot have been angle to get to full speed.
I agree, but we are talking maybe 2 mph, if the old controller really sucked.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

A higher amp controller will help climb hills faster, and may help overcome rolling resistance, but everything else stated above is true. For a series, more voltage, larger tires, faster motor, and gears are the way to gain speed. A beefier controller will offset the loss in torque that each (besides the voltage increase) will cause.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #18
financethis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksel1 View Post
I have sold my 12"rim tire combo, so i have to buy new anyway and the 14"rim just looks way cooler. Lol and as far as the controller goes I figured when I haul 4 people and all our softball gear it would be eaiser on the 600a controller and also want to go 48v when it's battery time.

I don't know if your up for it but I found a alltrax spm-48400 for 200 bucks new... I went a head and bought one. seems like a awesome deal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171272084172...84.m1423.l2649
financethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #19
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Not bad at all
Nicksel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #20
fireboat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey guys, I didn't mean to imply my new 500amp controller was responsible for a significant portion of the 4mph increase though I think it helped slightly.
I think really it was mostly a combination of the PlumQuick motor and the 2ga cables. I think my old 6ga wires were in bad shape and the motor just wasn't getting enough amperage to overcome normal rolling resistance because 15mph (actually I think it was just over 14 if I recall correctly) was the best I got on level ground with the bigger tires. I had installed the 22" wheels previous to the electrical upgrades.
As expected, the torque increase has been by far the biggest improvement with the new controller, wires, solenoid and HD F/R switch. I can carry four people around with no effort at all.
My apologies to the OP, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
fireboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO