lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2020, 10:00 PM   #11
beriahthebee
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 97 Club Car DS Speed Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Somebody has removed the resistor coil from bar. Take those green cables completely out. I don't know what that person was trying to do. After doing this proceed exactly as I described above.

And yes, this will take the second solenoid out of the circuit.
So this is interesting....

I did what you said: I removed the green wires and the little wires from the solenoid. I then put both white wires on the same post of the solenoid.

It ran, but once I got past about half way on the potentiometer it would "jerk" as if it was applying the brakes every second and then releasing them....but under half way and it ran fine...just slow.

Put the solenoid back into the circuit but without the green wires and it didnt run at all. Buzzer and lights worked but nothing else.

Put the green wires back and cleaned up the posts and connections....and it runs FASTER!!!! Success!

https://ibb.co/V2vjKqm

There is a picture of what the top of the solenoid looked like before I cleaned it. Maybe this was causing some sort of short?

Now it does 16mph+

Thank You!
beriahthebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2020, 10:35 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by beriahthebee View Post

I did what you said: I removed the green wires and the little wires from the solenoid. I then put both white wires on the same post of the solenoid.

It ran, but once I got past about half way on the potentiometer it would "jerk" as if it was applying the brakes every second and then releasing them....but under half way and it ran fine...just slow.

Put the solenoid back into the circuit but without the green wires and it didnt run at all. Buzzer and lights worked but nothing else.

Put the green wires back and cleaned up the posts and connections....and it runs FASTER!!!! Success!

There is a picture of what the top of the solenoid looked like before I cleaned it. Maybe this was causing some sort of short?

Now it does 16mph+

Thank You!
Glad it is running better now.

I can assure you those 2 green cables are nothing more than a crude way of bypassing that solenoid. The corrosion must have been causing the trouble.

If you are happy with the results you have, ride on!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:08 AM   #13
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by beriahthebee View Post

Now it does 16mph+

Thank You!
If you had disconnected the speed sensor while you had the green wires off it should have run fine. The green wires are acting like a resistor coil which you don’t have. Your solenoid is likely good. Someone rigged up the green wires to replace the coil. The corrosion was you main problem.

On edit the green wire IS bypassing the solenoid.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #14
beriahthebee
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Glad it is running better now.

I can assure you those 2 green cables are nothing more than a crude way of bypassing that solenoid. The corrosion must have been causing the trouble.

If you are happy with the results you have, ride on!
Yeah its fast. Thanks again. I figured that's what the greens were doing anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
If you had disconnected the speed sensor while you had the green wires off it should have run fine. The green wires are acting like a resistor coil which you don’t have. Your solenoid is likely good. Someone rigged up the green wires to replace the coil. The corrosion was you main problem.

On edit the green wire IS bypassing the solenoid.
You know. I thought about taking the speed sensor off when I had both the whites on the same post of the solenoid, but I didnt want to add to many variables to the trouble shooting.

She runs fast now. Its great. An interesting development this morning. Last night we used it three separate times and it ran fast. We put the charger on it overnight and woke up this morning to use it. It was slow again!

I decided to try something I read on these forums and do a "reset". I disconnected the positive lead from the battery. I then put it in reverse and turned on the lights to drain any power in the system. After I reconnected the positive and tried her out... she was fast again!

I am not familiar with what the system does when its charging versus operating, but it seems that may be the problem.
beriahthebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car