lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2014, 11:21 AM   #21
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 EC25 3pg rebuild questions

search my old threads, I did a side-by side comparison of the BV's a couple of years ago on a fresh engine (I did timed and GPS'd runs with both carbs) - without the higher-flow exhaust system found on the 88's (the only year of the big BV carb coincidentally) the differences don't really warrant the swap. With a less-restrictive exhaust though, there is a definite difference, just bear in mind that if the exhaust stays stock you're going to run really rich and only see any type of gain at wide-open throttle (not worth the sacrifice IMHO)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #22
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
search my old threads, I did a side-by side comparison of the BV's a couple of years ago on a fresh engine (I did timed and GPS'd runs with both carbs) - without the higher-flow exhaust system found on the 88's (the only year of the big BV carb coincidentally) the differences don't really warrant the swap. With a less-restrictive exhaust though, there is a definite difference, just bear in mind that if the exhaust stays stock you're going to run really rich and only see any type of gain at wide-open throttle (not worth the sacrifice IMHO)
And an awesome write up it is :)
Is the 89 exhaust as restrictive as the 87-back?
I'd thought the 3 had more power than the 2 engines?
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #23
Bikertrash00
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies, I will try and check that post out, I thought they made the changes 89-94 as their last attemp to get more power from the 2 stroke?

Is the butterfly a common issue? I have not tried to find just the butterfly yet.

Thanks again,
Scott
Bikertrash00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #24
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Needs a sticky :)

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...b-exhaust.html

The 3pg has a much larger reed area, but I haven't had a stock 2 and 3 jug at the same time, to compare porting differences.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #25
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Personally I'd go for the BV24, back when I was searching for one I was able to find them brand new cheaper than a brand new BV18. If you've got to buy a carb anyhow, and the bigger one is cheaper......
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:46 PM   #26
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Personally I'd go for the BV24, back when I was searching for one I was able to find them brand new cheaper than a brand new BV18. If you've got to buy a carb anyhow, and the bigger one is cheaper......
From what my testing found, the increase again was minimal at best when using the stock exhaust, and the tradeoff with the cart running rich at lower RPN's in my opinion makes the swap not really worth it ... The 87-down 2PG's and the 89-up 3PG's were rated at 9HP, 1988 was the only year of the 2-stroke rated at 11HP and again, that was due to the carb AND exhaust. From practical, real-world experience I can say that the early 2PG's seem to rev a bit better than the 3PG's, although the 3PG's feel a bit "torquier" (if that's an actual word, LOL) - but the 88 model year is hands down the peepiest and fastest of all the 2-strokes I have owned or played with
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:34 PM   #27
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The different cylinder/reed design should be where the more torqueyness comes from.
Old 12-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #28
Bikertrash00
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I took the carb apart, made note of the jets in it, cleaned it all, set the floats. I am just going to run it, like my buddy said I wont have to worry about that butterfly because it will be WOT most of the time....
Old 12-25-2014, 11:01 PM   #29
Bikertrash00
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Merry Christmas!
Old 01-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #30
Bikertrash00
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

After a few PM's with TheGDFP I have decided to let his experience and skills with 2-strokes/Polaris ad his "Firepower" to my 3pg, being I was going do a complete rebuild due to issues I found on tear down and it made more sense to let somebody with more experience do it and do it RIGHT. We will update soon.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO