lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2020, 07:44 PM   #11
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 TXT Constant valve adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd012 View Post
No, I threw it out just about a month ago when I moved shops lol. I just ordered another one. Compression is at about 150 on each cylinder
Another cheap one ?
150 pounds is a little low on compression. Better if it is 170. Did you hold the throttle all the way open when checking ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2020, 07:47 PM   #12
bdd012
Not Yet Wild

No I learned my lesson on the cheap one. No more China eBay ones. This was off buggies unlimited.

I can’t say for sure if I held the pedal all the way down. I wouldn’t think my compression would be too low since my rebuild wasn’t that long ago, and it has limited hours since. I must have not held the pedal all the way down. Just enough to get it moving and the gauge up to where it was holding.
bdd012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:12 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Hate to say it, but that carb you ordered is the exact same china crap (nivel) as you get on ebay, they just charge more so mentally you think you're getting something better.

This is the only place I'd order a carb from https://shop.txtsv.com/shop-ezgo/par...BoC8eQQAvD_BwE
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 05:58 AM   #14
bdd012
Not Yet Wild

Ugh ok. Looks like I’ll be buying another carb...
Old 06-17-2020, 07:05 AM   #15
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Try it before you buy another. I got to admit I have used cheap ones before and they worked. Its just a hit and miss thing.

I put one one three years ago. The man was in my shop Monday and I asked him how the cart was doing. He said still running perfect.
I don't advise people to do it but some are going to anyway. I also sold a man one I had still new in box two weeks ago that I paid $20 for. He called me and said it ran great. I keep them to use for testing. Sometimes I leave them on
Old 06-29-2020, 04:41 PM   #16
bdd012
Not Yet Wild

New carb...ran it about 5 minutes. Went to the bottom of the hill by the creek and its stuck down there. Not enough *** to get up the hill. I am done...
Old 06-29-2020, 05:40 PM   #17
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Sorry this has whipped you. When you push the gas pedal all the way to floor with key off is the throttle opening up all the way ?
Another check is to see how much it is charging. Put a voltage (DVOM) meter on the battery. Make sure you jack it up or have it in neutral. See is it might be overcharging.
That will make the thing come to a halt .
I have had a few that almost tricked me thinking maybe the clutch or carb was the issue when all the time the voltage regulator was bad causing it to charge 18 volts.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:06 PM   #18
bdd012
Not Yet Wild

Pulled it up from the hill and it has been fine on flat ground, and a slight hill at the house, for a couple days. I need to test the volts on the battery still though. Also while messing around I noticed the throttle does not come all the way back after being depressed. It seems to be locking up in the back above the rear where the adjustment spring is. Any idea why its freezing up or how to get it loosened back up?
Old 07-04-2020, 07:43 AM   #19
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=bdd012;1736260]Pulled it up from the hill and it has been fine on flat ground, and a slight hill at the house, for a couple days. I need to test the volts on the battery still though. Also while messing around I noticed the throttle does not come all the way back after being depressed. It seems to be locking up in the back above the rear where the adjustment spring is. Any idea why its freezing up or how to get it loosened back up?[/QUOTE
Check the linkage real good. You might have to remove the cover on governor to see what is going on. I have replaced several cables going to carburetor as they get pinched sometimes. Check the washer in picture I posted, number 42. You should be able to tell why its not returning when you let off gas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cable.jpg (127.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-06-2020, 04:09 PM   #20
bdd012
Not Yet Wild

Ok progress. Found that under the floor mat inside that box, the cable does not return when the pedal is let go. I am not sure if this is supposed to be attached somehow in there, or if the cable is just stretched too much. I have attached a picture to help with my poor descriptions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03D178BC-D7F9-41E8-8236-E7ADC97D5CDD.jpg (139.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO