lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2020, 07:01 PM   #11
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help - father passed away. Working on his cart.

Take the spring out of an ink pen. The junk drawer in the kitchen should be well stocked.

You shouldn't have to remove anything to change the belt. Bend it, twist it, and slide it around things to fit.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2020, 09:03 PM   #12
hiperf2007
Not Yet Wild

Just saw your reply. Seems I had to remove the spark plug and the governor cover to squeeze the belt on and off. Dunno. I found the drive clutch bolt loose. Figured that was the jerking problem. Cleaned everything up installed belt. Cleaned clutches good. They have grooves. Ran good for about 4 blocks. Started jerking again. Seems to happen between that low/high speed transfer. Guessing one of the clutches is wore enough causing it. The primary clutch definitely has a lip to it. The drive clutch was dirty. Should I change one or the other or both? I will try the spring thing tomorrow but the way its acting to me its power transfer in the clutches bouncing back and forward causing it.
hiperf2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:05 PM   #13
hiperf2007
Not Yet Wild

Also - I did remove the govenor. Pulled the whole cable out and bagged it.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:20 PM   #14
hiperf2007
Not Yet Wild

I did the spring thing tonight. Still does its jerking thing. What's next?
Old 07-19-2020, 11:13 AM   #15
hiperf2007
Not Yet Wild

Nobody has anything else? I have put some time on it lately and it almost seems to new belt made it worse. That or blowing out the dust. With no governor you get going pretty good and randomly it will just down shift itself almost throwing you forward and it will then start jumping between low and high gear almost until you back way out of the throttle and go slower.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO