lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2020, 01:49 PM   #11
dbwell00
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 88 Marathon 2 Stroke - Driven Clutch?

Got the clutch and tossed it on. I didn't locktite it yet, wanted to make sure it works first, which it does! Back to 22ish mph, no engine screaming, no rattles. Back to same old worn out cart it was at 25 years old lol. Probably need to look at the brakes next
dbwell00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2020, 10:12 AM   #12
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

I didn't locktite mine in at all, ran it for years without issue. Then one day last summer it was making a weird noise and upon investigating I noticed the driven clutch bolt was gone lol, went to the local hardware store bought a bolt and a couple fender washers. Haven't had an issue since.......
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:57 PM   #13
dbwell00
Not Yet Wild

yep i did put the lock washer on, might just go with it. makes sense that it would probably not come off at all. With the belt on and the other clutch going the opposite way probably have to crash into something pretty hard for it to slide off lol

It was a PITA to get tight, I was scared to take the ugga dugga gun to it so got the torque wrench. I thought I'd be able to cinch the belt up to hold it, nope. couldn't find the right stick to jam in there and a little worried about doing that, wound up just backing it up against the barn

next time (32 more years?) 2 or 3 ugga duggas, close up the lock washer and it's done
Old 07-12-2020, 07:45 AM   #14
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you should be good, just keep an eye on it for awhile. I like the Mcguyver method of using the barn ....... I simply set the parking/hill brake when tightened mine, didn't have a barn handy lol
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:40 AM   #15
dbwell00
Not Yet Wild

Thats why I like you, you're always thinking. I'm too dumb to think of that just need to keep this dang cart from rolling!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO