lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #11
Ron Man
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Installing HEI Ignition on 3PG Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lane66 View Post
Great job Ron, you just saved me alot of time digging through the threads. Will get the parts tomorrow at work and hopefully get them on by this weekend and see what happens then. Donald Oh by the way $ on the carb ?
Donald:

Thank you!! If you have any questions, just PM me. As for the carb, I paid $124 for it. Got it two weeks ago. I'll take $100 plus shipping.

Ron
Ron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #12
Ron Man
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bifferd View Post
Nice job that should work on the 244 cc too...might do this to my two carts a 88 and 82 ezgo
Cool!! I have to say, the more modern ignition really works well. All along, my starting problem over the last two years was just an old worn-out ignition coil with a poor connection for the spark plug wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bifferd View Post
What does 2pg mean vs 3 pg?
My understanding is 2PG is the engine code for 2 stroke carts built perhaps from the beginning of time until early '89. Late in '89, EZGO went to a new engine design called the 3PG which was a little more powerful, and was used up to maybe '94. The 3PG was turned in the chassis so that they could hook up to a more reliable rear differential. 2PG has a muffler that sits vertical and the 3PG has a muffler that sits parallel. That's about all I know...
Old 12-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #13
Ron Man
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyonmonday View Post
Can someone describe to me and maybe others what this comment Dave said.

The underlined is what I am more confused about.

EDIT:
What does the HEI stand for ??...
I'll take this part anyway... HEI Stands for High Energy Ignition. A generic term for various modern ignition systems in cars.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #14
bifferd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you for the nice history lesson on these carts. That quite fascinating ....
bifferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #15
Queen Bee
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree Thanks for the history lesson,
Queen Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #16
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

And such is the beauty of this forum. When we all pool our knowledge and research we are all enriched. Or as Bernard of Chartres used to say, we are like dwarfs on the shoulders of giants, so that we can see more than they, and things at a greater distance, not by virtue of any sharpness of sight on our part, or any physical distinction, but because we are carried high and raised up by their giant size.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #17
Ron Man
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Now who'd ever imagine that golf cart repair could parallel deep philosophy? Good stuff Dave!!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #18
onlyonmonday
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
And such is the beauty of this forum. When we all pool our knowledge and research we are all enriched. Or as Bernard of Chartres used to say, we are like dwarfs on the shoulders of giants, so that we can see more than they, and things at a greater distance, not by virtue of any sharpness of sight on our part, or any physical distinction, but because we are carried high and raised up by their giant size.

Dave
But I like it on the bottom.

OH GEEZ.
I just had to say it.
onlyonmonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #19
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

High Efficiency Ignition. Copied from the Mallory Ignitions that were being installed in drag cars. Did away with points. with points, they pitted and since they were controlled by lobes, the firing was always set to #1 cylinder. I still have a unit that was used to check the firing of all 8 cylinders. It spun the distributor and you had to file each lobe to make them at the exact degree from #1. It used a neon strobe and was quite accurate. you used the firing order for the engine, plugged in the wires and watched a wheel that was about 10 inches in diameter and a strobe for each cylinder. Each lobe was either filled or brass was added to the lobe and then filled. Been building race car engines since 1950. Curtis Turner, Ronnie Sox, and many more.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #20
actionjack
Not Yet Wild

High Energy Ignition
actionjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO