lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2010, 06:17 AM   #11
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Best Gas Frame for Custom Body?

MAN!! Nice work!! How did you roll the edges of the grill? Looks like the grill was stamped? Very nice!
I built my Geep1 body around a Yamaha G1 frame, I would have rather had a G2/G9.

TheNewGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #12
yamajeep
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Ron,

I rolled the edges the old fashion way, blood sweat and tears. I don’t have special tools but I did want to have that stamped look. Slot openings were cut at 3/4”. I had to figure out a way to hold the grille while bending the slot edges. I clamped down the grille using a piece of iron angle exposing 1/8” of the slot edge over the edge of a metal table. Then I used a regular hammer and a 3/8” round brass stock and carefully hammered each and every edge of the slots just like chisel work. For the ends I used a 1” round steel stock and so these edges were easier to produce. Some light filing, sanding and walla! Took about 2 days to make but I enjoy metal work.
yamajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #13
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamajeep View Post
Thanks Ron,

I rolled the edges the old fashion way, blood sweat and tears. I don’t have special tools but I did want to have that stamped look. Slot openings were cut at 3/4”. I had to figure out a way to hold the grille while bending the slot edges. I clamped down the grille using a piece of iron angle exposing 1/8” of the slot edge over the edge of a metal table. Then I used a regular hammer and a 3/8” round brass stock and carefully hammered each and every edge of the slots just like chisel work. For the ends I used a 1” round steel stock and so these edges were easier to produce. Some light filing, sanding and walla! Took about 2 days to make but I enjoy metal work.
Fine job! I also enjoy metal work.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #14
yamajeep
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
I built my Geep1 body around a Yamaha G1 frame, I would have rather had a G2/G9.

Ron,

What is the advantage of the G2/G9 frame over the G1?
yamajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:59 AM   #15
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamajeep View Post
Ron,

What is the advantage of the G2/G9 frame over the G1?
Not really a frame issue but the big advantage for me is the G2/G9 is a 4 stroke cart with a forward and reverse transaxle. The G1 is 2 stroke, so to do a big block conversion you have to change out the rear end (transaxle). The 2 stroke engines run backwards to achieve reverse.

Tags
custom body, ezgo, frame, gas, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!