lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #181
Speedylifsavr
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: FYI - ERIC charging algorithm and battery watering

I am reviving this thread from the dead, anyone have any better intel on the best algorithm for the CR-165's?
Speedylifsavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2020, 05:31 AM   #182
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Everything that I have read states that Algorithm 11 is the best for Crown CR-165's..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 04:54 PM   #183
inmanlanier
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

New battery style and some questions.

First an answer - the 188 profile is from Club Car for the Trojan T875s. they emailed me the zip file if anyone wants it.

They sent me that because I just got a 2014 CC precedent with new batteries - Powertron P8000 (made by Trojan). They are not quite as good as the T875s or even the Duracells. Mine have 20Hr rating of 160AH vs. the T875s of 170AH (Duracells 165). Club Car did not have info on the Powertrons, but since Trojan makes them, they sent me the 188 profile since that's what they use with eth T875s.

I've called Trojan twice and left messages, as well as emailed them for Powertron to send me algorithm data. I'm over a week now with no reply. I'll try again Monday and not be quite as polite.

My Club Car Eric (Delta-IQ) charger has the original algorithm 31 in it. It finishes the charge around 55.5V. There is some boil going on - but not 'mist' per se (you can smell the gas). the water is at the low indicator level first check (have no trend data). After some time unplugged but not run, the battery settles in around 50.2 to 50.5V before use.

Seeing all the above, it appears the consensus of the more knowledgeable ones is that the profile is a function of the AH rating of the batteries. If so, does anyone have a non T875 battery with a rating similar to mine and a known proper algorithm to use?

Lastly, does anyone have a graph about what a typical charge profile looks like?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
inmanlanier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:36 PM   #184
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would use Algorithm 71 for the Powertrons..That is the the Duracell profile at 165 AH Capacity @ 20Hr Rate...Trojan T875's use AL#3...That's what I use and it is perfect...
Old 03-01-2021, 04:32 PM   #185
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
I would use Algorithm 71 for the Powertrons..That is the the Duracell profile at 165 AH Capacity @ 20Hr Rate...Trojan T875's use AL#3...That's what I use and it is perfect...

EDIT, I got it never mind. US battery US 8VGC looks like AL#71
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:53 PM   #186
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolagt View Post
EDIT, I got it never mind. US battery US 8VGC looks like AL#71
Disregard
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:12 AM   #187
inmanlanier
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I finally got a human to talk to at Trojan. He said use the Trojan algorithm - even though I'm down 10AH on the 20 hour rating. Mov-in on, I'm confused by your statement order - which batteries do you have and which profile?
Old 03-03-2021, 06:05 AM   #188
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmanlanier View Post
I finally got a human to talk to at Trojan. He said use the Trojan algorithm - even though I'm down 10AH on the 20 hour rating. Mov-in on, I'm confused by your statement order - which batteries do you have and which profile?
I have Trojan 875's and use AL #3....
Old 03-03-2021, 09:33 AM   #189
inmanlanier
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

As I've seen many on this forum do. I'm not trying to convince anyone to change, but consider the following in your decision...

I believe not many reached out to Club Car as I did - where the 188 algorithm came from. I did this because I wasn't sure if the firmware in the Club Car version of the charger would accept OmegaQ algorithms (I now think it likely would).

By the very nature that 188 is a higher number (to me meaning developed later), and comes from direction from Trojan to Club Car for their batteries, I'd think it is likely an algorithm that was developed by Trojan's evolution of battery designs and charger profiles. The club car rep (who talked like he knew batteries) was convinced its a better one. Algorighm 3 came from OmegaQ, yes? The OmegaQ rep even told me to call Trojan for their recommended algorithm (and he had already heard of the 18.

Since everyone involved from a tech support standpoint told me directly (Trojan and Club Car) or indirectly (OmegaQ) to use the 188 - I'm choosing to go with the 188. They all knew these were Powertron 8000 batteries made/owned by Trojan. This is also the algorithm to use for the 875s.

As another point of information validating the Club Car gent's knowledge - he even mentioned how the original 31 algorithm (that was in my charger) was too aggressive for these batteries. He said it would off-gas too much (and I noticed the off-gassing before). Now I note none. Just another piece of data.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:34 AM   #190
inmanlanier
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
I have Trojan 875's and use AL #3....
thanks for the clarification.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car