lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
Trikesareforkids
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Solenoid Relay

Howdy people!
I have finally got my lift kit in and tires on. I also got it running, but it has a battery drain. I pulled the pos cable off and put a volt meter in between the batt plus and the cable and it shows a 6-10 volt draw. I have checked it a few times and it changes between 6 & 10 volts. I disconnect the starter side cable from the solenoid and it still draws 10 volts. So I figure it's the relay. I can see that there are screws on the top, can I open it and take alook inside? The cart has sat for some time before I got it, and thought maybe it's got crud inside and making contact. (Hopefull thinking) It does work, cart starts good, it just draws volt when key is off & not running. If it's junk can I use a Ford type starter Solenoid in place of it?

It's a '95 G9

Pat
Trikesareforkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: Solenoid Relay

Same answer! Need an amp meter reading and use the procedure of disconnecting parts until the current drain goes away then see why there is a current drain from that part!
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
Trikesareforkids
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Solenoid Relay

I like this site better, they don't delete your post or edit out names of companies, other than theirs when you try to help other people! Like Buggies Unlimted does!

You wrote:
You can not have a voltage draw. When you connect an amp meter from Batt pos to Pos batt lead how much current drain do you have. It should be Zero. Hook up the amp meter and disconnect parts in line and see where the current drops to zero and replace the part causing current drain.

What I did was took the pos battery cable off and put a volt/amp meter between the pos battery post & pos cable, it reads 10 volts, I then unpluged the acceleratop stop switch at the switch, it still read 10 volts, disconnected the voltage regulator, it still has a 10 volts drain, I also unplugged the acceleratop stop switch wires at the solenoid relay, still have 10 volt draw, then I took the cable off the solenoid relay to the starter/generator, and still have 10 volt draw. Now there is nothing hooked to the solenoid relay except the pos cable to the battery, and it still shows a 10 volt draw between the pos post & pos cable! So it has to be the solenoid relay! The battery shows 12.54 volts across the neg & pos posts.

Pat
Trikesareforkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha