lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Recovering Cart Seats

So while I'm waiting for the adventure of a top end rebuild (sordid details here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...s-rebuild.html), I was thinking about the cosmetic work I'd like to do to the cart once its running.

In looking at seat vinyls available for the carts, it seems that an easy replacement is one that is labelled as "Vacuum molded" - similar to the OEM vinyl we see on the seats.

My question is are the only ways to get vinyl attached as follows:
- Buy vacuum molded
- Take non-molded vinyl, and sew it into panels for the seat
- Do a tuck and fold for the excess vinyl, which would look a bit messy

Or is there any way to do your own version of a "Vacuum Mold" vinyl?

If sewing is the only option, are there any patterns available out there? I'd ask my wife to look at it, but she can't even hem my dress pants. Mind you, would you need an industrial machine to sew vinyl?

Lots of you guys have some nice seat covers out there, and wanted your ideas.

Thanks!
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Recovering Cart Seats

Check with our site sponsors, they often offer BGW member discounts or free shipping.
Or you do Ebay? you can type in ezgo seat cover.

Just did mine.

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the suggestions Crash,

I saw your thread and think my cart may be a bit more "sedate" than yours - sort of a 70's Brit thing.

It is actually from a visit to our site sponsors that I saw the whole "vacuum mold" thing.

Since I live in Canada, free shipping is seldom offered. Plus I already have a fabric I like - just need to figure a way to get it on the seat.

Unfortunately, even though I told my wife the cost of the cart and rebuild in advance (if I can get it running and dressed up for $600, I'll be happy), she's in a little bit of a freak-out mode right now. So, working with what I got (versus dropping a hun or two on a seat like yours) is sort of the way I need to go now.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #4
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So I just had to post a snap of the fabric. I've also removed all of the aluminum pieces and the roof, and am going to pain the gloss black. So I'll have a metallic brown/bronze cart, with black trim and this fabric:

I did find a seamstress who will sew the seats for me - but was there a pattern (like a Butterick one? Hahaha!) that could be used for sewing a seat?

If anyone knows, let me know.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO