lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2008, 06:43 PM   #11
069charles
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: elec cart troubles

I'm hearing all 5 solenoids click and think they are all working replaced 2 bad ones check F/R switch seems ok only thing left is the motor
069charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

how are your resistor coils? in good shape none broke or none touching each other? you can take the motor out and check the brushes i don,t have the manual for that cart but if your sure you checked everything else out and cables to motor are good and tight than it might be worth taking it out and start with the brushes see how bad they are................you can have the motor tested but like i said i don,t have that manual........if your close to somewhere that will test it than have it tested..........keep in mind at that age some parts may be real hard to find.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:57 AM   #13
jackbob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I also noticed if you turn the key off (not sure this should happen) but I can then hear the five clicks of the micro swiches that provide power to the solenoids.

Don't be fooled by the solenoid clicking, I just discovered this may not mean they are making good contact closure . The contact resistance should be under an ohm (0.2 to 0.5 ohm).

Also, see my post today, there is still the speed control network to verify if it is working if you have this kind of speed control. I also think my problem is the motor, I need to get a manual.

Bob
jackbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:43 PM   #14
069charles
Not Yet Wild

I tested each one of the micro switches seperate to ensure they were working.I made sure each micro switch activated a seperate solenoid so I knew they were working.

I want to say thanks for all the help from everybody its really helped me alot again THANKS and Im open for any more suggestions.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:13 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Most of us have not worked on carts that old, myself included. But. Rarely, rarely is the motor bad on any cart
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:22 PM   #16
069charles
Not Yet Wild

I hope thats my case but with my luck, I'm trying everything possible before pulling the motor.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i have only seen one cart that old that had a bad motor....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car