lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default pre mix or injection opinions

I just received parts to rebuild my engine. My compression was at 100 so I ordered Plowmans clutch kit, Performance kit with pipe and jets, a new top end kit with new cylinder, new crank seals, and will be disabling the governor. With this set up would you go to premix or stick with the injection after rebuild. What oil would you recommend for injection or oil and ratio for premix. Thanks
85.G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: pre mix or injection opinions

I have always been told the premix is the way to go. It assures that your cart is getting the oil it needs so you never have to worry about your oil pump going out and ruining your engine. Pre-mix ratio is 128:1, or one ounce to one gallon. I actually disabled my working oil pump on my old EZ-GO Marathon I had just to prevent a blown motor.
Just my .02
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I believe in oil injection on engines that came with good systems in the first place. The G1 is kind of an oddball in how it attempts to meter the oil, best I can tell is I would place it with most of the American outboard injection systems, it a box under a bench.
I find it odd that Yamaha put a crap system on these carts since they have been pioneers in oil injection for decades before this cart.
The one thing for the G1 system is it puts in to much oil. not the wrong way to be off.
So me being a hard core oil injection guy would vote premix here.
CharlieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #4
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the input I read some other threads on mixing too. I have decided to go premix and break in with non synthetic at 50:1 and after a couple gallons go to synthetic at 85:1. I used to use Golden Spectro in my MX bikes so I think I will stick with that?
85.G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha