lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
mj_355
Getting Wild

Default g1 oil mixing

ok just bought some quicksilver 2 stroke oil. I mix cause eliminated oil injection system. Was running yamalube at 65:1. I run quite abit down the road at full throttle. So what ratio should I mix this quick silver at? Im also going to buy a ratio rite mixing cup so I get it mixed right. I dont mind a lil rich cause im in country and do a bunch of road running full throtle. Also is that quick silver a decent 2stroke oil to mix with?
mj_355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: g1 oil mixing

There are a few different blends of QS oil from straight dino to full synthetic, Which are you going with. This may not make a big difference but the full synthetic can generally be run a bit leaner.
And yes they are good oils, So is Yamalube which I would run if I could get some here.
I will let others with more premix experience take this, I am more experienced with injection.
CharlieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
mj_355
Getting Wild

im not sure if it is full synthetic. Its premium 2-cycle outboard oil. Like I said I run a bunch on road full throttle. So wht ratio should I run?
Old 04-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

To me the 65:1 you were running is not the wrong thing to stay with.
Where some guys are saying 130 or so would scare me pretty bad for an engine that will be wrung out. Those lean mixture may be fine for a fleet of golf carts loafing about some fairways.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I don't know what Yamaha suggests,but Ez-Go wanted 128:1 (1oz./gal)stock,and most people including myself run 100:1(1-1/2oz.) with no issues.Mine had the snot beat out of it,mostly wide open for 4yrs. and still runs good.Never had any issues with lean/hot.The plug was always perfect.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
mj_355
Getting Wild

I think ill run 2oz to 1gal.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Manual says the oil injector mixes at 150:1 at low speeds, and 300:1 at high speeds. Most of us are scared to try that, but I think 50:1 is just too much oil. I run 80:1 and it smokes a little bit at slow speeds. I think the right premix would be between 80:1 and 120:1 somewhere.

Keep in mind.....the more oil you use, the less gas will be in the mix. With less gas you will run leaner, sometimes leaner means less power. Leaner also means more heat in the combustion chamber, more detonation, and possibly piston failure?

More oil isn't always better. My 2 cents.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:37 AM   #8
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Manual says the oil injector mixes at 150:1 at low speeds, and 300:1 at high speeds.
That 300:1 just has to be a misprint in the manual. All injection systems I have seen increase the oil at high power. And personally I can not see the muffler filling with oil with such lean mixtures. 30:1 will fill a muffler though.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #9
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I was told that yamaha 2 strokes are 100:1, with 25:1 for break-in. I was asked were I got my mix rate from when I said I was running 85:1
mwar410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:21 AM   #10
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I guess I run richer mixes in my chainsaw fuel than I need to.
I think back a number of years when for a short period ran Amsoil in my weed wacker at around 100:1 or so. I really do not recall but I do know the weed wacker bruised my hip when it seized. It was replaced with a 4 stroke.
I expect that weed wacker was jetted lean which with a lean oil ratio meant the engine was starving for oil.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha