lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2014, 12:53 AM   #1
tiggrdj
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G16 Access Panel Removal

I realize that this will sound like a really stupid question since I am sure that the answer is incredibly simple but here goes. How is the upper portion of the access panel held in place on a G16 gas cart? The bottom is obviously held in place by retainers and the top "appears" to just slide on over a couple of tabs but mine is fighting me. I though it better to ask a question before I get a bigger hammer. I don't want to rip out a piece of the body trying to force something that I am not seeing under there. Thanks in advance.
tiggrdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2014, 01:12 AM   #2
seoighs
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G16 Access Panel Removal

tiggrd,

'Not absolutely certain about the G16, but on my G29, the top of the panel is secured by a 'tongue and groove' arrangement (tabs into slots), while the bottom is held by plastic rivets. Both carts look as though they have similar (identical?) panels.

If you don't get confirmation from someone with more G16 experience, I bet you're safe proceeding...without a bigger hammer.

cheers

ps: as a veteran of many broken parts (and smashed fingers), I don't find your question stupid at all.
seoighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:18 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

To install, just smack it just below the curve that wraps around the top with your palm, it will snap into place. To remove, remove rivets at bottom, slide fingers behind the panel, up to the curve and pull, pull harder. Be careful to not fall on your butt when it pops off.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:08 AM   #4
tiggrdj
Not Yet Wild

Thanks seoighs and cgtech!! I got the bugger off. It felt like something was gonna break, and when it came off it sounded like something broke but in the end all is still intact and the access cover is free of the body. Not sure if I am a fan of the design but since it didn't break I guess it must not be too bad. Thanks for your support!!
tiggrdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha