lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2015, 08:42 PM   #11
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Default Re: Another Cart

With a battery pack hooked up to the battery cables and I push the pedal, what should I be able to measure on the wires going to the motor? Should I have the same voltage as the batter pack? This is what I intend to try and do to test the controller.
MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2015, 11:15 AM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Don't try it without a good motor hooked up!
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:14 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The field circuit will not ever reach full pack voltage. The armature voltage is fairly close to linear with throttle position. As stated above, no testing without a working motor attached (might make a good controller bad). Also NEVER allow a Field wire terminal touch a Armature terminal, even with pack disconnected, the slightest discharge from the Arm circuit to the Fld circuit will destroy the Fld circuit in the controller.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:09 PM   #14
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Thanks guys!!

I'll put the lid back on the controller and get it back mounted. Is there anything I can test on the cart without having the motor? I have already tested the diodes and they are functioning correctly.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:05 PM   #15
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

PQ motor delivered today. Will install and hook up wires to it this weekend. Being I no longer have the Club Car, I'll have to use scrounge up 3-12v batteries for my testing.

More to come later this weekend.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:57 PM   #16
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Got the motor installed and wires hooked up. I couldn't scrounge up a 3rd 12v battery so I will take the one out the tractor tomorrow for testing. I pulled the key switch out and jumped the two spades with a wire. Can I bypass the interlock if I get a no run? I've already checked the diodes, but that interlock has me worried.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:01 PM   #17
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Alright folks. I scrounged up a 3rd 12v battery and officially have a no runner. Ruling out any doubt, I did the 12v motor test and the PQ motor does work.

This is where I am at. I disconnected the two small wires at the charger plug and left them apart. I did this as a bypass for the interlock. I have the key switch removed and using a wire to jump the two spades to one another. I get no voltage at either spade so that is concerning. With the key switch wire unhooked and not touching pedal, I read 14v on the small terminal on the bottom of the solenoid. Here is where it gets interesting for me, I also read 14v on each of the motor studs and at each wire at the f/r switch. With the key switch jumper in place (and ive check pedal pushed slightly and no pedal), I get no voltage reading at the 10A fuse, reverse switch wires (when in reverse), or key switch spades.

I've checked the two diodes using my multimeter with diode tester setting and they function as they should.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:37 PM   #18
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Fungus is alive!!!!!!!!!

Interlock is bad and was causing some initial problems, but cgtech helped with the testing and bypassing to allow further testing. Thing thinks were a little stuck being at first I wasn't getting anything after the interlock bypass. The more I pushed the pedal to check voltage, the more things started to turn around. Solenoid started activating and started getting voltage readings. F/R switch is acting up, so I'll pull it apart and give it a good cleaning. I also got some electronic cleaner, so I'll spray the two micro switches down and then spray all the electrical plugs with cleaner.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:15 PM   #19
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

I fixed the interlock switch today with a small panhead bolt. Yamaha has a carbon steel spring that corrodes and also where the spring sits in is tapered. The taper doesn't yield a good flat area for the spring to bind up against. A small panhead bolt in the hole and now everything works as it should.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha