lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2015, 03:44 PM   #1
wisconsinjimmy
Getting Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Ez-go hei

I have hooked up the wiring as shown in the schematic but the only time I get spark is when I first apply the gas pedal and when I release, I am thinking it is so simple that well you know. What I am wondering is the rotor magnetic I know the pulsar has some magnetism but being used to small engines the flywheel has a magnet. I might add that I have purchased a new pulsar, GM HEI and coil but I have no idea where the wires go so I am currently using a known good coil.
wisconsinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2015, 10:09 PM   #2
wisconsinjimmy
Getting Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: Ez-go hei

According to the EZGO manual (repair) it tells me that the PULSAR should read 75 ohm,s across the blue and red Pulsar wires, I get 153 ohm's on the new Pulsar and I get the same reading on the old Pulsar
Old 07-16-2015, 10:14 PM   #3
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Did you install a ground wire on the HEI module?
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 03:39 AM   #4
wisconsinjimmy
Getting Wild
Harley Davidson

Yes I have a ground on the HEI
Old 07-17-2015, 10:02 AM   #5
66racing
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I recently did the HEI upgrade and the cart runs great for about a minute and then starts to bog down and stalls.It seems that the engine is getting warm.Any suggestions 1989Marathon?
66racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 05:40 PM   #6
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66racing View Post
I recently did the HEI upgrade and the cart runs great for about a minute and then starts to bog down and stalls.It seems that the engine is getting warm.Any suggestions 1989Marathon?
Make sure the HEI module is mounted securely to a surface that can dissipate heat easily. Heat-sink compound should be used between the module and the mounting surface. Also, remove the alignment pins from the back of the module so it can be mounted flat.
Also, every conversion I have seen required the red and blue wires from the pulser to be swapped at the module. I believe the diagram is wrong.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:11 PM   #7
Charles M
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

My 89 was doing the same thing rerouted the fuel line behind the frame member then behind the carb used 1/4 inch brake line for the metal part then put split wire loom over the metal the line is copper nickel alloy with rubber from about the carb
Charles M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:23 PM   #8
wisconsinjimmy
Getting Wild
Harley Davidson

Talking Re: Ez-go hei

The beast runs, I sat my but down and replaced all the wire going to the regulator and igniter I am using the factory stuff I bought so I think I am going to go with what I have until I have another major catastrophe. Anyways thanks a lot folks for your wisdom and now I can get on with my latest find a Harley Davidson 3 wheel utility cart complete with the body.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO