lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2016, 04:32 PM   #11
Sofa Kingdom
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 charging, discharging, monitoring questions

Found a site that has the Yamaha plug pre-installed. Also called the dealer I bought the cart from. I think the charger has been junk the whole time and I ran the crap out of these batteries the whole time too. Lesson learned on voltages, now I just hope I didn't wreck the batteries. New DPI charger will be here Wednesday, I will post an update when I have one. Wish me luck!
Sofa Kingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2016, 12:06 PM   #12
Sofa Kingdom
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thumbs up Re: G29 charging, discharging, monitoring questions

An update for those of you losing sleep about the status of Sofa's cart... First- Don't underestimate the amount of tweaking the plug may need to connect properly betwixt charging plug and charging port. I had plugged and unplugged it a couple thousand times before trying to give it a good shove angular, and lo and behold! A flashing, and then solid yellow light indicating charging! Secondly- the dvm is my new friend. I ordered a voltage display and will dispose of the little bar gauge I purchased. Thirdly- Yamaha covers the original chargers for 4 years. Fourthly- I emailed the 3 closest Yamaha golf cart dealers listed on their site, and Greg Meyer from Meyer Yamaha in Ishpeming, MI was the only to reply so far. He offered to check the charger (I was going to ship it) and process the warranty claim for me. He didn't ask whether I purchased it from him (I didn't). He also offered a few things to try to resolve the issue. Fifthly- thanks for the advice from all of you, i've already learned a lot. FUNNY how happy a little solid yellow light can make a guy on a Tuesday morning...
Old 05-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

A little spray lube (non flammable) in the charger port sockets helps a lot. Just a drop or 2 each socket, not pouring out everywhere.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:09 PM   #14
Sofa Kingdom
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks, CG- like WD40?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa Kingdom View Post
Greg Meyer from Meyer Yamaha in Ishpeming, MI was the only to reply so far.
The other 2 dealers did reply today as well- seems they're all pretty good (Albeit very far away) by me...
Old 05-03-2016, 07:23 PM   #15
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa Kingdom View Post
Thanks, CG- like WD40?
Yes...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha