lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2016, 06:32 PM   #11
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: altrax install help

OK, let me start off by saying Scott did everything in his power to make sure I was heading down the right path. He even offered a full refund due to the issues I was having. It was easy to install, but it didn't come with a lot of the required hardware.

1. I needed to purchase 4 mounting bolts for the blue mounting tray. The ones that were in the kit were the wrong size for my cart.

2. There were only 2 of the Allen head bolts that mout the controller to the tray.

3. I had to grab a bolt, 2 washers, and a nut to mount the fuse to the negative battery cable.

4. The lugs on the 400a solenoid were way bigger than the stock one, so I had to get a pack of eyelets for them.

5. Like Scott said earlier I must have gotten an earlier kit because this one didn't come with the eyelets for the F1 and F2 wires, so I grabbed new terminals for them also

6. The 400a solenoid is much larger than the stock one, so the mounting holes were to close to match up to It. I had to pull the bracket back off to drill and tap a new hole.

All in all it was fairly easy to do once I had all of the instructions the Scott emailed to me. I thought that it would come with everything I needed, but a few trips to the hardware store took care of everything.

Thanks to everyone that answered my stupid questions in a timely matter.
k_aimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2016, 06:39 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

How is the performance?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #13
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

Pretty impressive. I'm pretty sure I need to replace the batteries now, but other than that, I love it
Old 08-13-2016, 10:05 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good to hear it. And yeah, if the pack is weak a bigger controller will really make it show.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:51 PM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

its always a bummer when a customer decides not to put fresh batteries in while doing a power upgrade, then the weak batteries show their colors.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:26 AM   #16
k_aimone
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
its always a bummer when a customer decides not to put fresh batteries in while doing a power upgrade, then the weak batteries show their colors.
That is one way to look at it, but I figured I would do the upgrade to see if the batteries I had could hold up. I knew I would need them soon anyway so I wanted to see how big of a difference they would make. I get them real cheap from work, so they should be less than the controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha