lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2016, 12:24 AM   #11
EZ GO L4 Beach
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo S4 Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus11wyatt View Post
I like that!!

Is that a USB charging port? Just wired to the battery?
I tied it into the power for the key switch. Thanks for the compliment.
EZ GO L4 Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2016, 12:30 AM   #12
EZ GO L4 Beach
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Generally from what We've found and seen over the years, the roof-mount setups suffer from premature failure due to vibration and water intrusion, insect nests, etc - they work well for a season or so but over time are more problems than they're worth, if You seal them up well enough the head units tend to overheat, etc ... The USB Charging Ports are all over Amazon and Ebay for under $10, they also just wire into a hot lead and ground and You're done. Make sure You buy one that outputs 2.4A or more if You plan on using it with any "Fast-Charge" devices though otherwise many of them don't even provide enough power to maintain Pandora and Bluetooth running on a more demanding phone
I've had it in there for two years now in summers 95+ deg., prob much more considering the dark top with no issues and the roads aren't fantastic here. I've been looking into suspension upgrades to get a softer ride actually. I took the unit apart this past May to wire the LED speaker lights and didn't see any issues with water or insects, and the cart stays outside 24/7 under the house. Not discounting your experience though, as I am sure it is probably much greater than mine, and I am a very anal owner of everything that I have, so that could have something to do with it too.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:35 AM   #13
EZ GO L4 Beach
Not Yet Wild

I should also note that the Kicker speakers I installed will not fit into the stock speaker holes on the enclosure. I had to use a dremel to remove some material and use window foam insulation that I cut to fit around the very small gaps between the box and the speaker covers. The speakers are 6.5 inch, just like the stock ones, but the speaker covers on the Kickers are larger and won't allow the speaker to fully sit flush without the insulation. If you are interested, I can take some close up pics.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Up here in the Northwoods, Bugs get into EVERYTHING, LOL ... Not to mention "Roads" generally mean rough trails and rutted paths through the fields, woods, etc so I'm sure in a milder environment the roof-mount units would fare much better, wasn't trying to knock any particular setup, just sharing experience.

As to suspension, we use almost exclusively Long-Travel on the carts we build (and all of my personal carts have LT kits) - it's night and day as far as both ride AND handling in general, although keep in mind that the rear suspension remains more or less unchanged, just lifted, so that's the weak link. With Yamaha's it's an easy fix as there are a lot of different, more compliant shock options IE Harley Sportster shocks, etc but with EZGO's You're stuck wither using the Jakes Rear LT kit (not a cheap option) or fabbing up your own alternative.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:39 PM   #15
EZ GO L4 Beach
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Up here in the Northwoods, Bugs get into EVERYTHING, LOL ... Not to mention "Roads" generally mean rough trails and rutted paths through the fields, woods, etc so I'm sure in a milder environment the roof-mount units would fare much better, wasn't trying to knock any particular setup, just sharing experience.

As to suspension, we use almost exclusively Long-Travel on the carts we build (and all of my personal carts have LT kits) - it's night and day as far as both ride AND handling in general, although keep in mind that the rear suspension remains more or less unchanged, just lifted, so that's the weak link. With Yamaha's it's an easy fix as there are a lot of different, more compliant shock options IE Harley Sportster shocks, etc but with EZGO's You're stuck wither using the Jakes Rear LT kit (not a cheap option) or fabbing up your own alternative.
Yea, I looked into it earlier this week. No real options for the back, that's the part that nearly knocks my teeth out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO