lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2017, 06:33 PM   #1
EPrill
Not Yet Wild

Default Electrical Troubleshooting

Hi everyone. I hope someone can help with some guidance here.

Have a 94.5 gas Medalist

Pedal wasn't kicking the motor on last summer. Assumed it was a bad solenoid so I replaced it but that didn't help. Problem persisted and went from intermittent to permanent. Was at an event and a buddy performed a field fix on it--ran a wire from the battery + to a toggle switch and connected it to the solenoid where the micro switch would connect. This cut the key-switch out of the equation. Flip the toggle switch and the motor starts running. Left it like that the rest of the season last year.

Preparing for this year, today I pulled the floor mat out and looked at the micro switch, figuring it might be the issue after looking at the manual here (http://www.eastcoastcarts.com/media/...rts_manual.pdf). Checked continuity of the microswitch and it seems to work. Bypassed the microswitch with a jumper wire and returned the rest of the wiring to what I assumed was normal. Still nothing. Plugged the microswitch back in. Still nothing. Checked continuity on the main ignition switch and it works. Interestingly, I don't seem to have power on either side of the ignition (key) switch. Shouldn't it have power? Or does it get power after the micro-switch?

I'll admit I'm not super-knowledgeable of how this stuff works so I'm seeking some input of what to look at next.

Thanks!
Eric
EPrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2017, 06:43 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Electrical Troubleshooting

check the fuse

Old 02-26-2017, 07:46 PM   #3
EPrill
Not Yet Wild

Well don't I feel dumb.

Thanks!
EPrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:55 PM   #4
crash test dummy

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO