lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #1
wdysf1500
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 EZGO Starter Generator Voltage issue

I have a 1995 Medalist EZGO with a charging issue. I am showing 24v AC and 11 volts DC coming from Generator wire (unhooked from Voltage regulator). I am assuming the generator is good because it is producing 24v AC and the voltage regulator converts the voltage with the rectifier circuit. When I hook the generator back up to the regulator I am only showing 10.5v DC and 21v AC I can understand a little AC bleed over, but I think that is too much (going to cook the battery). Also, can I just wire up a GM voltage regulator from Autoparts store? Thanks!
wdysf1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #2
wdysf1500
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1995 EZGO Starter Generator Voltage issue

For those of you who have searched the internet on how to check if Starter / Generator is OK. Here is a quick test.

1. Attach DVOM (Volt meter) to battery leads. Set to DC volts.
2. Detach Voltage regulator DF lead on Starter Generator.
3. Start golf cart with help from someone else while golf cart is on jack stands or in service mode.
4. With the cart running you should see a reading below 12 volts.
5. Watch meter and take a wire attached to DF terminal and touch it to a good ground.
6. If DVOM meter rises quickly above 14.6 volts - 18 volts the starter generator is good. Only do this for a few seconds.
7. Replace the Voltage regulator.
wdysf1500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
24v ac, charging, voltage, voltage regulator
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO