lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2017, 08:48 AM   #1
ICON
Not Yet Wild

Default Anyone make a dump bed for a Marathon?

I'm in the process of refurbishing an '82 Marathon and want to add a dump bed to it. Just wondering if anyone's every made one before from scratch?
ICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2017, 09:58 AM   #2
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Anyone make a dump bed for a Marathon?

Don't know where your at but I have a dump bed with brackets of a 1995 TXT I would let you have cheep!
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:30 AM   #3
GOLFERDAN
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Man, wish you were closer to Ohio, Gearhead. Need one for a Marathon Rebuild, also. I'm sure I could make it work.
GOLFERDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:55 AM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

If you were in GA. heck Ohio is just up the road as they say !!!!

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:48 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I made one for my yamaha it was not that bad, but I welded it together. All I used was 1x1 tubing it was maybe 11ga/14ga or something. I made a stand in the bagwell that bolted through to the frame with a couple 5/16 bolts since it just holds it from moving. Made bar across the seat back supports for the front, that may be different on your ezgo. Then two bars back to the stand. That frame mounts to the cart. Used a couple big polebarn screws to secure plates to the seat stands in front, on end of front tube. I put a barn door latch on it, just bolt with spring that slides out to unlatch it. The bed is frame of the 1x1. I put alum sheet on top and sides of cedar 2x8 but I would do it differently now, the cedar is pretty heavy in the end. You can get plastic tubs about that size also. I welded some angles on back corners to hold the wood. Secured wood with deck screws through drilled holes, alum sheet is riveted on. The frame is pretty light. The bed/box mounts with two 3/8 bolts it pivots on. My gate is just piece of the wood that slides up and out, weatherstrip in there so it is quiet and does not bounce out.

I remove the double nut pivot bolts and take box off, then two bolts and screws by seat to take frame off, to get the rear body off. I've had it off a lot to work on the clone engine and clutch. Think about this when you make one and try to keep it simple like this. If I get the time I want to change the box to something lighter and maybe put a cubby box in front for travel items. It has worked really well I can fill it with sand or firewood and about over load the cart, it will do wheelies, but I'm real careful I don't want to bend the frame or something. You have to make the latch tight or the box will make noise, or put weatherstrip under it. It dumps pretty easy. The box is 30x40. Tried different latches this one works best and does lock open. Also filled end of tubes with silicone to keep water out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oct 2010 011.jpg (135.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Oct 2010 012.jpg (95.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Oct 2010 014.jpg (115.3 KB, 0 views)
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:15 PM   #6
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well made!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:57 AM   #7
Freckles
Gone Wild

I made this one for mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO