lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2017, 11:52 AM   #21
Easy go Mark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Not getting fuel from tank to clear filter

I will take more pictures of cart & engine later tonight and post them. Not real happy to learn this might not be the correct carb (and it is a cheap replacement) as it was replaced by a local golf cart place, and I paid a premium for it.
For now, it may help to know the engine had a NGK BP5HS plug in it. Have to admit it did run pretty strong.
More later.......
Easy go Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2017, 12:18 PM   #22
Easy go Mark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, in the interest of time I found this picture of another cart on the internet. This is what my engine looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo sample.jpg (34.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-31-2017, 12:52 PM   #23
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

I almost thought that was my cart, but I never had an oil reservoir.

That is the basic 2-pg with external starter we are all used to working on. Let me search some of my previous posts to find pictures of my carburetor.

This doesn't show much, but it's all I have for now. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...djustment.html
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:56 PM   #24
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Wowwy I thought that was one of my pics at first, Til I saw the oil tank. But with the red and mine had the green original frame just like that too lol......

I have never seen a 'Mokini' carb, Made me look at your pic twice when I saw it...The cheapies you can get nowadays for around $20 have been pretty good for me, although I did have to get a second one as the first one wouldn't run the engine after a few months. Physically it appeared fine but I decided it must of had an internal crack somewhere, I put on the new one and have been running it ever since (last year)
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:01 PM   #25
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
I almost thought that was my cart, but I never had an oil reservoir.

That is the basic 2-pg with external starter we are all used to working on. Let me search some of my previous posts to find pictures of my carburetor.

This doesn't show much, but it's all I have for now. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...djustment.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
Wowwy I thought that was one of my pics at first, Til I saw the oil tank. But with the red and mine had the green original frame just like that too lol......

I have never seen a 'Mokini' carb, Made me look at your pic twice when I saw it...The cheapies you can get nowadays for around $20 have been pretty good for me, although I did have to get a second one as the first one wouldn't run the engine after a few months. Physically it appeared fine but I decided it must of had an internal crack somewhere, I put on the new one and have been running it ever since (last year)

Oh my LOL, do we all have red carts LOL
Old 07-31-2017, 01:02 PM   #26
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post

I was seriously wondering where I got that style drop light, and couldn't figure out where it was now. Then I saw the oil tank too.
I even have the red on top of the muffler.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:28 PM   #27
Easy go Mark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is a picture of the carb before I removed it. You can see that allen nut thumb screw thingy on the right mounting. Not sure how tight that can be made to prevent air leak. Gasket had a piece missing when I took it off as well.

Followed your link, and my cart only goes fast too. Does not like to go slow at all with governor unhooked. Need to get running first, then consider stuff like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1007.jpg (108.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-31-2017, 07:23 PM   #28
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

While it's not the right carb, I don't want to fall down a rabbit hole because of it. The cart ran with it on there.

I would suggest.
Clean the carb.
Replace the gasket at the mount.
Change the spark plug.
And I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but check the lower diaphragm in your pump. Your original problem was not enough air. Maybe too much fuel. Read this. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...fuel-pump.html
Old 08-01-2017, 08:57 AM   #29
Easy go Mark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the heads up on the fuel pump. I will pull the lid off tonight and see if the diaphragm is compromised. Followed the link and see that the King has these pumps on backorder.
Amazon has them for $50, so will proceed slowly & may end up with a kit if necessary.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:06 AM   #30
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

It'd be a great time to remove the governor and eliminate the oil pump too, Maybe give it a bath under the seat before removing anything. Wouldn't want to get dirt in where it doesn't want to be
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO