lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2018, 12:03 PM   #11
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Workhorse ST350- blown engine replacement

Stock isn’t fun though, stock is for old folks
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #12
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Call Carrie at CT Rebilds (PM Me for her number) - they will rebild your engine for right around $600 to OEM specs *or* they also offer an upgraded rebuild that nets another 4hp or so out of the motor for around $675, we've used them for YEARS and their work is top-notch. Also, You retain the stock quietness of the motor, no having to replace clutches, etc and the resale of a cart with the stock motor (especially a documented rebuild) is *far* higher than one that has been hacked into and converted to a modified lawnmower engine, etc.
You've got to be joking .
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:26 PM   #13
Elcoyote
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So the game has changed a bit... I decided to tinker around with the current engine today just to see if I could find out what caused it to seize up...

I put a large wrench on the crankshaft nut, and in trying to remove it, the engine began to turn over, very jerky at first, then smoothly. I'm thinking that when the cart was inverted that oil got into the cylinders and did what happens when that happens; the engine acts like it is seized. I'm going to put some oil in the engine, and fresh go-go juice in the tank and see if I can squeeze a little life out of it.
Elcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:33 PM   #14
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcoyote View Post
So the game has changed a bit... I decided to tinker around with the current engine today just to see if I could find out what caused it to seize up...

I put a large wrench on the crankshaft nut, and in trying to remove it, the engine began to turn over, very jerky at first, then smoothly. I'm thinking that when the cart was inverted that oil got into the cylinders and did what happens when that happens; the engine acts like it is seized. I'm going to put some oil in the engine, and fresh go-go juice in the tank and see if I can squeeze a little life out of it.

Plug the spark plugs and see if there's any oil in either cylinder,hopefully you can get her up and running .
Old 01-08-2018, 02:30 AM   #15
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

It may be worth stripping the engine down and inspecting the con rods. If the engine was upside down, the big ends may have lost oil and got damaged. As they are non bearing aluminium rods, the aluminium picks up on the crank and causes damage to the rod. If you run the engine like this, they will not last long. Luckily you usualy see minimal to no damage to the crank and just needs a clean up and new rods. Hopefully though , you are probably correct in it having been hydraulically locked and no damage was done.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:03 AM   #16
Elcoyote
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, I reinstalled the engine, put new oil in it, connected to the starter, new battery, and the starter rolled it over no problem. Got some fresh fuel in the tank, connected the vacuum line to the fuel pump and the fuel line to the carb, and it fired right up.
At a minimum, I will need an exhaust gasket, as there is a rather loud exhaust leak at the manifold/ muffler connection, a new drive belt, a front left wheel spline (not sure how extensive that damage is, or if the tire is just flat spotted from sitting so long), and I am going to have to run through all the electrical items, as when the cart flipped, the battery arced and shorted, burning a hole near the pos terminal. Fortunately, the only electrical components that remain are the head, tail, and brake lights, the starter, and the ignition/ key/ headlight switch.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:04 AM   #17
Elcoyote
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh, and I put new plugs in it as well
Old 01-08-2018, 08:23 AM   #18
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Great to hear that you got it going!
Old 01-10-2018, 10:57 AM   #19
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mule View Post
You've got to be joking .
Not a bit - with the exception of a few VC conversions we have done here at the shop (all frame-up complete builds with full warranty) that command a premium price, the market - at least in this area - for carts with predators, clones, V-Twins, etc seems to be stuck at that $500-1500 less than the same clean cart with stock drivetrain. We of course enjoy the benefit of being an established "Brick and Mortar" Golf Cart shop (which seems to make customers more comfortable), but most people just don't want to risk someone elses "YouTube Engineering" etc just to be louder and go faster. It's a shame because there have been a lot of really decent-looking conversions that have come across CL, etc in the last year or so, they tend to just sit there forever and drop price, drop price, etc until they hit that $1200-1500 range.

It doesn't help that 80% of the campgrounds in the southern half of the state are "Electric Only" as well as many of the municipalities that allow local registered cart use - but I can see why they do that, nobody wants a clone trying to sneak past their campsite at bar close, LOL. I love my personal G16 VC build, but I have 80 acres out in the literal middle of nowhere so if I want to horse-a** around and make some noise I'm not a nuisance.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:18 AM   #20
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good luck with your cart elcoyote, and your plans for it. If you intend to be a flipper follow the same path you would for flipping anything. Make it appeal to the masses with the money to buy it. If you keep it make it your own and don't look back.

There is plenty of experience to draw from here for either path you take.

Most of all, have fun with it.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO