lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2018, 06:39 PM   #1
sweet_deal93
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G8 only goes forward even when in reverse.

I bought a used Yamaha G8 1994 electric. The cart works normally in forward mode, but in reverse it moves forward. im suspension is the forward reverse switch. but i just want to know for 100% before i spend any $$$ on it. I have the wiring diagram and a fluke meter. just want to know how to check the switch or my second guess the controller.
sweet_deal93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2018, 11:05 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G8 only goes forward even when in reverse.

Controller can't be the cause on a series cart (like yours, assuming it is actually a G8 ). The controller just sends power. The switching is done in the F&R. I suspect miswired big cables on the F&r.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:35 PM   #3
sweet_deal93
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G8 only goes forward even when in reverse.

cgtech looks like you were right. Thank you!!!

I attached a picture of the shift switch on my cart. looks like it was wired this way so it could be used even though the switch went bad. after i removed the two extra 2 wires the last owner added to link F1 to R and S to f2. my cart would not move forward or reverse and the relay did click.

after doing some price checking i think i'm going to get a ezgo high amp switch and shift lever and mount that in my cart instead of the yamaha one. the main wire connections are the same and i can change the wire connectors ends on micro switches. should be an upgrade and be much cheaper than the yamaha oem part.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (217.7 KB, 0 views)
sweet_deal93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g8 forward reverse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha