lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2018, 09:39 AM   #1
Rayferd
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default ST350 Not Turning over

Hey Guys, I feel like I'm getting all the fun ones lately haha.

Any way, I'm working on an ST and cant get the cart to turn over.

I've already tested the start/gen, replaced solenoid, braided ground cable, and cleaned all the grounding surfaces, as I suspected that was my issue.

Now when I tried to fire the cart the lights came on, I pressed the pedal and solenoid clicked once, the lights went out, and now it wont do anything!

I've checked the fuse on the cart, and my connections. Anyone else experience something like this?

Any insight greatly appreciated!
Rayferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: ST350 Not Turning over

not sure on this cart, but my TXT has a fuse in the engine compartment, if it blows I have nothing!

It still sounds like a connection issue to me?
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #3
Rayferd
Getting Wild

Club Car

I've checked the one right by the solenoid, and its good. I'm gonna continue to dig as far as connections go lol.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #4
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You're getting power but it is weak. That is a sign of weak battery or a good battery with a weak connection. Still sounds like corrosion on the neg or pos side of the circuit. IF you are certain the battery is good and strong.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:02 PM   #5
Rayferd
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
You're getting power but it is weak. That is a sign of weak battery or a good battery with a weak connection. Still sounds like corrosion on the neg or pos side of the circuit. IF you are certain the battery is good and strong.
Rooster, you were right on the money. I made a rookie mistake and ASSUMED the battery was good. As it turns out I was reading a short, and couldn't find it because that short just happened to be the battery! Swapped a battery, got it running.

THANKS!
Old 05-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #6
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear Rayferd. Can't tell you how many times in my adult life I have rescued brothers, sisters-in-law, mother-in-law, wife, etc. for the same kind of thing on their vehicles. Usually it is a ground connection that is semi-clean. But a marginal battery does exactly the same thing. I've never had a battery go bad cleanly. They usually act up enough for you to try troubleshooting a bunch of other things and question your own intelligence first.

But you will want all good, clean connections when you install the new battery. So it is all good.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO