lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2018, 03:18 PM   #1
TrimDawg
Not Yet Wild

Default G14 stutters/surges/wont run

Hi guys, this should be a piece of cake. LOL JK!
(inhales deeply)
So, I purchase said cart and everything runs fine* (starter would stick every now and then, no big deal). I finally think it's giving out on me and order a new one, the exact same one. I replace it. Turns out my battery needed replacing. Good news, golf cart is running like a boss. Until 1/2 a mile down the road when the starter starts smoking and dies (note: it made an unusual whining noise) . Made for a solid leg day pushing it home. The company is cool and replaces the starter for me. Awesome! Unfortunately, I have to leave for a month. I return and drop the new one in. It slowly backs out, struggling as it normally would bc at the time I was not choking it. I get to the bottom of the drive, flip it to forward and hit the gas. The thing starts to stutter at best and surges but wont go. I can reduce the surge by dropping back on the gas petal but its not enough power to make the cart move. I charge the battery thinking that maybe it had something to do with it. While the battery was low, it wasn't the culprit. Any assistance would be great! I apologize if the has been a thread elsewhere but I didn't see it in the 515 pages of archives.

Thanks in advance.
Josh

TrimDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
g14, starter replaced, wont run
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha