lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2018, 12:09 PM   #1
Dennis in CT
Not Yet Wild

Default G22; idles, wont accelerate

My G22 idles fine and smoothly, but wont accelerate: Thought it was the carb, took it off, cleaned, reinstalled (twice) and that did not fix the prob so I replaced the carb with a new one. I also replaced fuel pump just to make sure that was not it, but still having the same issue. Linkage to carb fine, butterfly opening fine, choke working fine. I am stumped. It is seemingly starved for fuel, but with a new carb, new fuel pump (tested fine), what else could it be? I am a car guy so its not like I dont know what I am doing. Looked through old posts and see one other guy that had this problem but no solution was posted.

Anyone?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2683 (2).jpg (231.4 KB, 0 views)
Dennis in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2018, 07:33 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G22; idles, wont accelerate

Welcome! I am also a car guy Stock golf cars do not idle, so, the engine is turning over, but won't fire up? Check the spark plug after turning over and choking it alittle. Is it wet? If not, with the throttle cables opening the carb shaft, I would suspect valves (IE: push rod off). If wet, I would think spark. Yamaha's TCI's have known to go bad, but usual symptom (runs/gets hot/ dies/ cools down/ runs again). A dynamic spark tester works great to verify spark. On your G22, a compression test should read 155 to 175 lbs psi at wide open throttle. Try those tests and report back. Good luck.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:36 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G22; idles, wont accelerate

Actually the G22 with it's compression release should read around 100 psi, according to the service manual.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha