lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2018, 08:52 AM   #1
ToroCart
Not Yet Wild

Default st480 clone options

Hello, I have an '01 EZ-GO Workhorse ST480 with a blown engine. (beyond repair) There appears to be limited drop in options for the 480. I have found the Vegas Carts option of the big block, but I am considering just using a smaller clone. The stock engine is a 16hp twin, looking for something comparable. (14-18hp?)

I would like to keep the pedal start if I can so I know that takes out the big block option. The factory clutch is off of the machine so I have no idea if it is good and it is missing the secondary clutch. (guessing it got robbed for a different cart)

So looking for a clone option and clutch pair option based on the engine. I do not have a problem modifying the frame / engine cradle for an engine.

Thanks
ToroCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2018, 09:08 AM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: st480 clone options

If you are handy at assembling small engines you can buy the assemble yourself VC 460 with many HD parts for the price of a big box clone. Clutch wise I would use of of the 2 VC units depending space in the cart.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:45 PM   #3
ToroCart
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I have rebuilt a number of bigger engines over the years so this may be an option. The one I can find is the 460 cart racing engine. Is this the one you are thinking of?
ToroCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:40 PM   #4
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A 16 or 18 hp Briggs should bolt right back in. I pretty sure carts parts plus even has a slightly hopped up version for you
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO