lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2018, 06:55 AM   #1
Godfather
Getting Wild

Default Squeaking and Creaking

My 2018 Yamaha PTV has developed a very annoying squeaking and creaking coming from the right rear roof support rain drain/downspout when I go over bumps.

I have tightened every nut and bolt I can see for the roof to support mounting points, downspout attachment points, both front and rear (Mad Jax) seat bolts to no avail. I tried putting rubber and felt shims between the support and rain drain. I put silicone grease on the downspout bolt threads and under the bolt head. Although it's not as bad...it still squeaks.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2018, 09:25 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Squeaking and Creaking

It may be the bolt inside of the support frame that moves slightly and causes a squeak/creak.

Best thing you can do is have your wife drive the cart around the yard over the bumps and duplicate the squeak, while you sit in the back to help pinpoint exactly where it's coming from. Once it squeaks start putting your hands on things, maybe use a screwdriver and wedge it into smaller spots and apply a bit of pressure until you can eliminate the squeak. if you can at least make it change the tone of the sound, at least you're on the right path! You can put a bit of masking tape over the end of the screwdriver so you don't scratch anything.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
Net 30
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
My 2018 Yamaha PTV has developed a very annoying squeaking and creaking coming from the right rear roof support rain drain/downspout when I go over bumps.

I have tightened every nut and bolt I can see for the roof to support mounting points, downspout attachment points, both front and rear (Mad Jax) seat bolts to no avail. I tried putting rubber and felt shims between the support and rain drain. I put silicone grease on the downspout bolt threads and under the bolt head. Although it's not as bad...it still squeaks.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Did you ever find a solution to the noise? I have the exact same problem and it's making me nuts :)
Net 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:14 PM   #4
Kessler
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

lol " the notorious downspout squeak"....I'm STILL trying to pinpoint mine..

to be continued
Kessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:52 PM   #5
Godfather
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Net 30 View Post
Did you ever find a solution to the noise? I have the exact same problem and it's making me nuts :)
No...and it is driving me crazy too!

There is absolutely no reason for this to happen on a new cart!

I just called the dealer I purchased it from and no one there ever heard of this issue....Hmmmm
Old 05-28-2019, 02:11 PM   #6
Net 30
Not Yet Wild

Maybe send your dealer a screen shot of this page showing 3 guys with the same problem. I'll probably do the same with my dealer here in SC.
Net 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 07:36 PM   #7
davjohn28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

any solution? mine does same thing and i cant find solution
davjohn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 09:39 PM   #8
Godfather
Getting Wild

No resolution...it comes from the downspout on the passenger side. I tried loosening and tightening the Down spout fasteners, adding shims of thick Felt, dense foam, wood and still it is still squealing!
Old 05-11-2020, 09:14 AM   #9
davjohn28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
No resolution...it comes from the downspout on the passenger side. I tried loosening and tightening the Down spout fasteners, adding shims of thick Felt, dense foam, wood and still it is still squealing!
long live the inevitable squeak!!!! Im used to mine now but still would just love to know what exactly it is
davjohn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:35 PM   #10
ajd61292
Not Yet Wild

Any one find a solution for this? Mine is doing it too.
ajd61292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha