lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #1
BadKarma27
Not Yet Wild

Default ST Sport 2 Help

Hi,

I picked up an ST Sport 2 yesterday. I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone could help me out with.

The year? The tag in the glove box is missing. Is there any other way to determine the year? It has a Subaru engine that has a tag stating that it meets California emissions as of July 2007.

Maintenance checks? Is there anything specific that you would recommend I check? The oil and air filter are both good.

I would like to lift it in the near future. This is also where knowing the exact year would come in handy as it seems that they differ right around the 2008 mark. Also, would this fall under the TXT models?

Any input or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
BadKarma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2018, 11:48 AM   #2
mersh75
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ST Sport 2 Help

Lift the seat up and look at the cross member above the engine. You should see a tag like the one pictured. It will give the model, date code (last number is year) and serial number.

Since you just picked it up, I would do a full service on everything. That way you know that everything was changed. Also, pull the valve cover and run the valves. At the top of this forum page is a tech section. There you will find the how to's of most everything on your cart.

You are correct, most TXT parts will fit your ST. As far as lift, being an ST you already have a factory lift. But if you want more, how cheap of expensive do you want it. Expensive side is a long travel lift. There are a few different manufactures on these and a broad price range. Just look at the base of your steering column, are there 3 bolts or 4? That will tell you which lift you will need. On mine, I'm in the process of installing a Jake's long travel front suspension and dual action springs in the back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg serial tag.jpg (171.1 KB, 0 views)
mersh75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
BadKarma27
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! It's hidden well up in there. The date code is A2008 and it has 4 bolts on the column.

I will have to take a look at tech section when I have some free time.

I think a long travel kit may be a bit more than I want to put into it at the moment. Do you know what the factory lift is? I'd hate to buy something just to be putting what it already has in it. Also, what is the difference between a spindle kit and a drop axle kit?

Thanks again.
Old 12-16-2018, 02:25 PM   #4
mersh75
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ST's come with a 4" drop axle lift from the factory. You can squeeze 23" tires on it as is but not any more. I posted a picture of mine below. If you look at where the shocks mount the axle angles down to the spindles. Here is a post you might want to read. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...-question.html Look for Stovebolts posts. He explains how to get an extra 2"s from the ST factory lift. My wife wanted a better ride since ours is just for people hauling. That is why I went with the Jake's lift.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Head Lights LED.jpg (148.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-16-2018, 02:46 PM   #5
BadKarma27
Not Yet Wild

This is what my front end looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail.jpg (261.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-16-2018, 03:31 PM   #6
mersh75
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Figured yours was close to mine since both are 08 models, but with the 4 bolt steering column I should have known. You still have 4" lift from the factory and if you want more lift you will have to go with a spindle lift. I would get with Jake's and talk to them and see what your options are.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:35 PM   #7
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKarma27 View Post
This is what my front end looks like.

Never seen an ST with a straight axle.

You need a lift for a 2001.5 and newer TXT.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #8
BadKarma27
Not Yet Wild

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
Never seen an ST with a straight axle.

You need a lift for a 2001.5 and newer TXT.
It's tagged as an ST Sport II. Don't know if that makes any difference.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:11 PM   #9
mersh75
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm with you Stovebolt. I had never seen one made that way either. That's why I figured you could help him out until I seen his front axle. It's the same front axle as my buddies MPT1200.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:06 AM   #10
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKarma27 View Post
Thanks.

It's tagged as an ST Sport II. Don't know if that makes any difference.
Guess I don't know everything, I see on the net some ST Sport IIs with straight axles. You still need a lift for a 2001.5 and newer TXT. I would look at the 4 or 5" dropped axle lifts from All Sports. They come with spindles that have the raised spindle arms, easier to install and no need for them ugly spindle arm risers.... https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/14...g?v=1541711472
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO