lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2019, 08:05 PM   #1
GKLinMT
Not Yet Wild

Default 1991 GXT800 No voltage out of solenoid

Hey guys,

I've got everything back where I thought it was supposed to be but I must be missing something.

Fresh battery reading 12.8 volts and reading good into the solenoid.
No output from the solenoid to the voltage regulator though. What is supposed to "trigger" the solenoid, normally they click on when a condition (power/grd) is met.

I've got the schematic in front of me but I don't have a key switch or reverse warning so there are some switches on the diagram that have me a bit confused.
GKLinMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2019, 09:29 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1991 GXT800 No voltage out of solenoid

The solenoid is activated when the 2 small terminals on the solenoid get power, and ground. That is accomplished through the control circuit. It sounds like yours is butchered.

This is how the control circuit supposed to work.
Large cable from battery positive to large solenoid lug. At the lug, a small wire branches off. It goes through a fuse to the hot side of the key switch. From the other terminal on the key switch, it's connected in series with the neutral switch, and the pedal switch. From the pedal switch the wire goes to a small terminal on the solenoid. The other small terminal on the solenoid is connected to ground. That is usually the large lug on the bottom of the Forward/ Reverse switch known as "C".

The neutral switch is located on the passenger side of the FnR switch. The backup buzzer switch that you no longer have is located on the driver's side of the FnR switch. The pedal switch is located below the FnR switch in a box connected to the throttle cable, and pedal rod. Making that circuit complete will activate the solenoid.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:57 PM   #3
GKLinMT
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1991 GXT800 No voltage out of solenoid

Great. Thanks for laying that out for me. I seem to have the voltage paths squared away now but I'm not getting a signal to the igniter from my pulser switch. It is ohming out fine and I set the gap per the manual during rebuild but I can't help thinking something is missing from the flywheel/pulser setup.

Is the pulser supposed to activate when it crosses the gap in the flywheel or is there supposed to be a ridge/bump/something? The only difference on the flywheel surface is a gap roughly 3/8" inch wide.
GKLinMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO