lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2019, 09:08 AM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2007 Star electric golf cart won't go forward

Check for power on the forward side of your fnr switch and if you have power there then trace that wire back to the controller.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2019, 10:50 AM   #22
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

What he said. Check the f/r switch. If it is good, then Trace the wire from the controller to the f/r switch. If the f/r switch is sending a signal but it's not reaching the controller then theres either a broken wire, or bad connection somewhere between point A and point B if there is a harness connector along the way somewhere.

When you plugged the test light into that pin, it worked so the controller should be good. It doesnt sound like the controller is getting the signal for forward.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:51 AM   #23
football1083
Not Yet Wild

pin 10 and 11 register 30+ volts when it is just sitting there. Jumps pin 11 (reverse) matches battery bank voltage when I mash accelerator. Nothing happens with pin 10 when I mash accelerator.
football1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:30 PM   #24
football1083
Not Yet Wild

changed my batteries in my multimeter. Things are making a little more sense.

pin 10 and 11 have 13 volts to them. When I put the cart in reverse pin 11 jumps to 48ishV. Pin 10 does nothing.

Check my switch and Reverse has voltage when in reverse. nothing on the forward side.

I know what wire to trace. My question now, does the power go from the controller to the switch? or switch to controller? at the switch

When the cart is in forward and neutral, the reverse wire has voltage (i know it is the reverse because I unplugged it and cart wouldn't move in reverse) But no voltage registers when it is in reverse but moves in reverse.

Golf carts are confusing I am learning.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:30 PM   #25
football1083
Not Yet Wild

I found a loose connections!

I think WE fixed it!!

Golf Carts are so simple! ha!!
Old 02-16-2019, 04:52 PM   #26
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Good job and a Star cart too. Still a little worried about voltage on those pins when you haven’t mashed the pedal. I think those should be zero.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:22 PM   #27
football1083
Not Yet Wild

Well. I'll look into that some more too then. I was getting pretty irritated at the time and had to walk away for a bit.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:11 PM   #28
jjastram
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Is this a series drive system or sepex? And are there any numbers on the controller?
I have the same problem on an older Fairplay. It has a Allttrax DCX controller, 4 HP configuration, and 0-5K OHM throttle. I was on Alltrax's web site and couldn't find a schematic for Fairplay. They had them for EZGO, CC, and Yamaha. Would you or anyone else have an idea which would be the closest to Fairplay.
jjastram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:16 PM   #29
ddywrbks
Not Yet Wild

To the last question on this thread, Alltrax XCT-48300 DCS 300 Amp Motor Controller is the replacement for the DCX. Much more efficient and gives a full 4hp out of your motor. should resolve your issue.
ddywrbks is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay